Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

C3, C5, or E1? Can't decide..any suggestions?

Im building up my other FZR and can't decide how far to go.
    So far it has Riva FF, R&D Intake and Filter, Ribbon Removed, Riva Intercooler with the extra cooling line ran in,HKS Bov, Powershot, Aquavein Grate and Seal Kit.
    I want to go with the C 5 but it might be a few months before I get the R3 to go with it.
    Think I'd be ok with just less boost running with just the powershot or would I also be too lean for the Powershot to tune in?
    If not I guess I could go C 3 but I figure all I'll need for the C5 is the R3 and a Regulator.

Thanks Guys

FZS-T
    You are going to need more fuel regardless of any wheel you use.. current fuel isn't enough a RRFPR is must..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Looped View Post
    So far it has Riva FF, R&D Intake and Filter, Ribbon Removed, Riva Intercooler with the extra cooling line ran in,HKS Bov, Powershot, Aquavein Grate and Seal Kit.
    I want to go with the C 5 but it might be a few months before I get the R3 to go with it.
    Think I'd be ok with just less boost running with just the powershot or would I also be too lean for the Powershot to tune in?
    If not I guess I could go C 3 but I figure all I'll need for the C5 is the R3 and a Regulator.

Thanks Guys
    If you are going C5, or even C3, just be prepared to spend some dough to beef up your SC clutch (i.e. R&D superclutch or Rotax). IMO you're really asking for trouble with the C5 if you don't beef up your SC clutch, and for sanity's sake I would do the same even with the C3.
    IMO...you are fine with the C3 and no rrfpr.

Quote Originally Posted by EGGonz View Post
    You are going to need more fuel regardless of any wheel you use.. current fuel isn't enough a RRFPR is must..
    I respectfully disagree.

+1
    Not sure you'd be able to use a C5 or E1 on a stock ECU + PS. I don't know if it would give you enough fuel & the PS only raises the boost limit to 10 psi, which might not be enough with the C5, even at stock rpm. I know the C3/PS combo will work because lots of guys were using that setup before the reflashes came out, BUT I also remember people were having a hard time pitching 155 props tall enough to keep them off the stock rev limit. If you go with a 160 prop/liner to get the revs down with the C3, you're gonna need a C5 to turn it once you have the reflash...kind of a catch 22. Might be better(cheaper) to wait on deciding on the wheel & supporting mods til you are ready to buy the reflash.

+1
    E1 all the way! Get a RRFPR and rotax clutch be done with it, running R2/E1/RRFPR for over 70 hours zero issues.

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Looped View Post

Thanks Guys
    I'd also include the ET wheels in your options. The ET LB wheel outperforms the C3 and the bigger ET wheels are pretty hot as well. Just something to keep in mind for your decision.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    R3, C1 and a intercooler and join 80mph club

Hey thanks gor all the advice! Yup I guess I'll wait until I'm ready and just get the R3, Rrfpr, C5 , and a clutch kit all at the same time... Wow thats another 2 grand in parts! I think I should have just gone H20 kit haha...
    Oh and only reason I'm leaning more towards R&D is they are like 30 minute drive from me.

LIVING THE DREAM IN KEY WEST FLORIDA pcorpion's Avatar
    sorry ,

but wha does rrfpr stand for please help me nder stand what it means

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pcorpion View Post
    sorry ,

but wha does rrfpr stand for please help me nder stand what it means
    Fuel Pressure Regulator

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information