Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MFD

MFD

i was wondering what happened to my mfd, this morning i tired using the skii...at first the when the skii is already running the red light is still blinking and i think there must be something wrong with my fuel sender, because even if my tank it full, it will only registered 1/4,but i can still rev high, and its not on the limp mokde, and suddenly the mfd turn off...and it turned on again, and next time it went off, it never turned on again, im afraid what happend to the mfd ,
    Last edited by andy95'slx780; 12-21-2006 at 01:39 PM.

+1
    did you check the fuse yet?

yes, the fuse is ok, can somebody give me the color coding of the mfd wires??? wheres the + and the - thnx...the mfd is 12v right???

Try unplugging it for I think 2 hours.... let it reset itself since you cannot perform the reset if it's not displaying anything... Your fuel sender is probably logged.. I know mine was... You can get a replacement float for like $20 to fix the problem. What happens is the outer shells of the floats get brittle with age and eventually brake where the float hits the stop at the bottom. Then fuel/water gets inside the floats and they do not work anymore. You can test you sender by pulling it from the tank, and turning it upside down.. but it mostly likely works fine. Also, you can eliminate limp mode (if you get it from this).. by shorting the two fuel sender wires together, thus registering a "full" reading to the MFD...

Sorry, I do not know which wires are which, but I'm sure someone will chime in soon!

Good luck!

+1
    Hey Andy, this isn't the exact wiring schematic BUT it has the information you need for the MFD, if you can wait until tonight I'll post your specific schematic.
    When the tank is full, you should register roughly 33 ohms at the pink and black wires leaving the sender unit.
    If you want to by-pass the RPM limiter (not recommended) disconnect the grey wire to the CDI inside the electrical box.

Just so you guys know if you have no low fuel/oil and no overheat and it still limits, the problem can be the LR54 telling the CDI there's a problem. It can also be a bad CDI, happy hunting.
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 12-22-2006 at 11:22 AM.

i tried powering again the mfd yesterday...and still no display ...what ampers should the fuse have???jcc, u mean really unplugging the mfd from the socket for 2hours to reset it???? i check the red/purple wire to the mfd if 12v exists,....and yes it has...., i just hope removing it for 2 hours will solve the problem....
    Last edited by andy95'slx780; 12-23-2006 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andy95'slx780 View Post
    i tried powering again the mfd yesterday...and still no display ...what ampers should the fuse have???jcc, u mean really unplugging the mfd from the socket for 2hours to reset it???? i check the red/purple wire to the mfd if 12v exists,....and yes it has...., i just hope removing it for 2 hours will solve the problem....
    The fuse is a 250v 1/4 watt.. they can be gotten at radio shack. Check real close to see that the fuse is not broken, as the filament in it is REALLY tiny. If your used the same as mine, it has a black beam that runs inside the glass too... THIS IS NOT THE FILAMENT... not sure what it's for, but it fooled me to begin with... the filament is about the thickness of a hair believe it or not! (1/4w). Yes, it does have an auto reset after being unplugged for a length of time. I would let it sit overnight just in case 2 hours is a little shy. This is because, sometimes the MFD can freeze by just plugging up the battery in the incorrect order.. when they freeze, it's the only way to clear them up.

Good luck!
    Jared

+1
    If you have power to the red/purple wire at the MFD, the fuse is good.
    I would certainly disconnect it for the full two hours and see if she comes back to life. Remember when you are cranking for a little bit or the battery is weak, DISCONNECT the MFD.

yes my fuse is ok because i have 12v after the fuse....its gonna be my mfd...ill try unplugging it later....

Is the fuse for the mfd located in the electrical box?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information