Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Did I wreck my engine?

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/imag...tor/attach.png

Not sure if thats how you attach pictures 1 of my pistons has metal gravel and cracks in it..The starter wont move it, Im wanting to fix it, I just got this 94 Polaris 750 SLT.
    Ran good for a couple of weeks after I almost sank it (Had to clear the water out of the carbs and plug ports) Then went down to the Local marine sport shop and bought some 2 stroke oil Synthetic stuff and added it Ran for a hour and thats when she seized. Anyone wanna tell a novice were to go for the right info? What other damage to look for?

Forgive my grammer
    I dont know this site real well
    Thanks
    Jay B

Okay, first off, you attach photos by scrolling down and hitting "Manage attachments" then adding the picture. OR hit the image photo above, where you edit your font, size, etc.
    Second, we were all new to the site, just break it in, unlike I did.
    Third of all, I cant help much because of the photo not being there, for the fact that you are tending to it in most of your post.
    How long, after you sank it, was it before you ran it?
    What oil was it?
    Here is a link to find most of the info you will be searching for, Credit to K447.
    Polaris PWC Knowledge

Ok think I figured the picture thing out lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0141.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	249983   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0130.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	249982   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0129.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	249981   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0128.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	249980  

I ran a whole day then the gas cap fell apart bought a vented 1 that fits and plugged the vent.

At least that 1 cylinder and piston is gone.

Not sure how to get that piston out and should I pull the other 2 also My main concern is how this happened. I plan on changing all the oil and gas. thinking maybe water got in there or the XPS synthetic 2 stroke I used. I think I have the classic stock pump I plan on changing that also. I know there has to be a push rod of some sort under the piston connected will that keep me from lifting the cylinder and piston out? When I get a new piston will this effect the timing?

After looking at photos again I believe you have more damage. In the picture with the 2 cylinder heads off, both pistons appear to be at top, that shouldnt be. Only 1 piston should be at TDC at a time. You may have a broken connecting rod in there also, most likely on the cylinder with bad piston. At this point I would unbolt the cylinder base and see if you can just lift it off. If not then you will have to find some way to drive that piston down the bore to try and get engine apart.

First off, I have a feeling that you don't have the 3-outlet fuel pump from John Zigler. If you want to have good riding hours and not put up with burnt pistons, get that fuel pump. Fast shipping and it's actually pretty cheap.

Thanks Carson been looking into the pump and I ran it anyway without not sure where the pump is on the motor and yes were talking fuel pump right?
    Thanks Comp I will pull on the bore today and see what happens I think the exhaust manifold needs to be disconnected for this procedure, I am gonna also pull the other canister
    Thanks again for the help cause I basically no nothing about what Im doing.
    Here are more picks after I pulled the rest. Is there supposed to be a bearing in that connecting rod? I found some bearing pieces in the chunks.??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0147.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	250078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0148.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	250077  

Connecting rod isn't broke but the thing that go's through the lower part of piston was sitting there "piston shattered". Is there supposed to be a bearing? Is there a way I can get parts from here (I would rather used for price) What do you recommend? How do I put the piston in? How do I know what size piston? What else might be broke from this? Engine will turn now

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information