Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

does my 1995 sl 750 have a bilge pump ?

just read a thread that said only 1996 and newer had bilge pumps is this correct ? if so i am a little confused on how the water gets out of the hull? rather than the plug of course! i thought the two clear tube's with metal screen's on them were part of my bilge system?or is this a siphon system ? thanks for your help jim! just courious as i all way's have a little water in it when i get done ridding.

Siphon system It sucks out while your moving. Thats the hose thats connected at the back of your pump. You can add a electric bilge if you like. They run when the engine is started.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by goddard View Post
    just read a thread that said only 1996 and newer had bilge pumps is this correct ?........I thought the two clear tube's with metal screen's on them were part of my bilge system?or is this a siphon system ?
    I'm not sure about SL models from '96 on, but starting in '96 the SLT's came stock with a dry run bilge pump. This meant the pump was rated for continuous operation regardless if it was submerged. So, Polaris wired these to the orange connector on the terminal board which means that terminal gets 12V power continuously by the LR module only when the engine is running.

Yes, those two clear hoses coming from the starboard side of the pump housing are siphon tubes. If stand at the back of the ski and look into the exit nozzle you'll see one or two stainless steel tubes (depending on model) pointing back. These are the venturi tubes that create suction as the jet wash blasts across them. They will be connected to fittings in the pump tunnel with thick-walled tubing.

Inside the hull they should have a 90* connector that is mounted high, up by the seat, with one section connected to the fitting at the tunnel and the other laying in the bottom of the hull with a screen on the end. The reason for mounting that 90* fitting high is so when your ski is setting in the water with the motor off it doesn't create a direct route for water to come into the hull.

KJ

My 96 sl900 came with electric bilge.

Banned User
    +1
    I like having both, the siphons and the electric pump

Has anyone ever atttempted to install a bilge pump on a 750 Polaris through one of the syphon hoses? I think my water leak inside my hull is coming from the 90 degree elbows hanging from the top. I am thinking of eliminating both elbows and installing a bilge pump where it exits through one of the rear nozzles. Wondering if with the engine off and the jet ski not moving, will water circulate inside the hull through the electric bilge pump?

+1
    You will want the discharge hose / fitting above the water line. I would think the siphon hoses are too small for a bilge pump oulet. Bilge pumps typically rely on larger hoses as their job is to get rid of water fast and with little resistance to flow...........

The siphon hoses shouldn't be leaking as they will be under negative pressure with the engine running creating vacuum / suction.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by deveous9 View Post
    Has anyone ever atttempted to install a bilge pump on a 750 Polaris through one of the syphon hoses? I think my water leak inside my hull is coming from the 90 degree elbows hanging from the top. I am thinking of eliminating both elbows and installing a bilge pump where it exits through one of the rear nozzles. Wondering if with the engine off and the jet ski not moving, will water circulate inside the hull through the electric bilge pump?
    Do not use the siphon tubes as the outlet for a bilge pump. If you do that you will definitely provide a place for water to enter the hull. A bilge pump needs to have the outlet well above the water line.

You can get a continuous run bilge pump and wire it to the ORANGE terminal in the E-box. When wired this way, the pump will only run when the engine is running.

KJ

Thanks for the tips everyone. Think I will hold of from removing the siphon tubing on my jet ski. I do want to confirm that it is the orange wire inside my electrical box that has continuous power right? I have a 1994 Polaris 750 sl. i hate the idea of drilling my ski but a bilge pump sounds like a very good idea right about now. Whats the best place to glue down a bilge pump in my ski???

+1
    Usually see it in the rear starboard side - water will shift to the rear when moving forward......

I would leave the siphon hoses connected even with the bilge - good old fashioned back up systems. Make sure the pick up screens and lines all the way through are fully cleaned out with compressed air.........

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information