Negotiating price for 2 new skis

My wife and I (in our late 40's) are thinking of purchasing a couple "new" FX Cruiser SHO's. Dealer close by has a bunch in stock, going back to '09. We are looking at a red '09 model and a blue 2011 model, both brand new. I figure to pay much less for the '09, but am curious on your opinions of an out the door price offer for both skis w/ covers and extended warranties. Up in the air on a two-place trailer because it would have to be aluminum or galvanized, don't know what brand they deal with. So taking a trailer out of the equation, what would you think is fair, given it's the end of the season and they obviously have plenty of leftover stock....and this would be a cash deal.

Oh, almost forgot. Any mechanical differences between '09 and '11?

Thanks!

Howard

Get a price before you say cash deal, they make money off Yamaha toting the note. I did cash for mine and they kept on and on how low intrest rates were and I had to about get up and walk out. But they took my cash but it hurt them to do so.

We just pickup a FX HO 2009 same as the 2011, 2010 seat was gold

+1
    HBO, we have always bought our skis in pairs; life is more fun with two skis!
    We bought our 09's brand new last year they were around $10K each and I paid $1,500 for the Shorlander double galvanized trailer; add tax for your state and you get the picture. Keep in mind ours are the FZ's not the Cruisers; but I have never paid more than about $10K for a PWC.

The other thing I always tell them is you expect a good deal on the 5 year Y.E.S. Extended Warranty. Make sure you get the Yamaha warranty not some other crap. We got the 5 year warranties for only $320 each as part of a promotion; those warranties can sell for north of $800 each depending on how you negotiate the deal, so keep that in mind. If you decide to sell them in 3 or 4 years they will be more attractive if they are still under a transferrable factory warranty. You're on the right track; these skis will keep you young!

+1
    YoYamma, You got an awesome deal on the ski and warranty man and trailer too!

I just picked up an 09 fzr and an 11 vxr with trailers and extended warranty for around 40% off just the list of the skis (we wanted 2 single trailers for our launch ramp in the yard).

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by TxJole View Post
    Get a price before you say cash deal, they make money off Yamaha toting the note. I did cash for mine and they kept on and on how low intrest rates were and I had to about get up and walk out. But they took my cash but it hurt them to do so.
    Absolutely, same as car shopping I suppose. Good tip, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    HBO, we have always bought our skis in pairs; life is more fun with two skis!
    We bought our 09's brand new last year they were around $10K each and I paid $1,500 for the Shorlander double galvanized trailer; add tax for your state and you get the picture. Keep in mind ours are the FZ's not the Cruisers; but I have never paid more than about $10K for a PWC.

The other thing I always tell them is you expect a good deal on the 5 year Y.E.S. Extended Warranty. Make sure you get the Yamaha warranty not some other crap. We got the 5 year warranties for only $320 each as part of a promotion; those warranties can sell for north of $800 each depending on how you negotiate the deal, so keep that in mind. If you decide to sell them in 3 or 4 years they will be more attractive if they are still under a transferrable factory warranty. You're on the right track; these skis will keep you young!
    Absolutely have to have 2 of them, learned that a long time ago! Will go for the Y.E.S. warranties as well.

All great tips and I really enjoy reading all of your posts, they are really useful. As a matter of fact, reading your posts had a good part in finally deciding on Yamaha. I was looking hard at the 'Doos too but I've owned Yamahas in various forms before and have had good luck with them.

Quote Originally Posted by mdex View Post
    I just picked up an 09 fzr and an 11 vxr with trailers and extended warranty for around 40% off just the list of the skis (we wanted 2 single trailers for our launch ramp in the yard).

Hope that helps
    Does help, that's quite a discount!

Thread Information