Thread: Mold Issue??

Girls just wanna have fun! awarrick's Avatar
    +1

Mold Issue??

I have an '05 FXHO Cruiser that's beginning to get mold on the handlebars and grips. In the past, I've had to replace covers because of mold issues and I've tried *everything*! You name it, I've tried it. Anyhoo...does anyone have a special, secret sauce they can recommend to remove mold off my ski?
    thx!

+1
    How are you storing ur ski? After a rinse down leave it out in the sun for everything to dry, mold is created with humitity. I leave my ski out in the sun for everything to dry before I put on a cover on it...

+1
    Hi Speed- well that's the problem. It's kept at the marina on a jet dock, covered, naturally. So, if it rains, can't help that--and that lovely Georgia humidity~

Had some weird brown mold growing just on several of the rear decals on my ski. The stuff was actually eating the decals, but was not anywhere else on the ski. I'm in the process of stripping off the old decals. Unfortunately my ski is also stored a a marina. I'm going to try setting a couple of those dry-packs in the footwells under the cover to see if that would help. A freind mentioned a product that he used to put on his boat when it went into storage. He called it a Sun-pak and it contains formaldehyde, and he said that it worked great to prevent mold. I haven't been able to find it............it may have been taken off the market.

Good Luck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
    He called it a Sun-pak and it contains formaldehyde, and he said that it worked great to prevent mold. I haven't been able to find it............it may have been taken off the market.

Good Luck
    lol..thanks Ernest. I wonder if it's the same stuff my ex-husband used about 6-7 years ago on the boat. He ordered it off the internet. It worked like a charm but it had a very short shelf life. Never did find it again and don't recall the name--

Probably the same stuff. The guy I talked to said he used to be able to buy it at Walgreens............but that was years ago. Then he said that you could only find it on the internet. He hasn't tried to find it in a couple of years, and nothing came up when I searched for it, so I'm guessing its been pulled because it contained formaldehyde. If I find anything that looks promising, I'll let you know.

I used soft scrub gel with bleach on one and it cleaned right up

OK, I found the stuff I was told about, Sun-pak Mildewcide: http://www.superslickstuff.com/lubri...ildewcide.html

I've ordered a couple of packs, and I going to try putting it under the cover when the ski is stored to see if it will stop the mold problem.

Good luck getting the mold off your ski. I used a Magic Eraser and some hull cleaner and that removed the mold, unfortunately it had already messed up my decals. I'm in the process of scraping the old decals off and replacing them.

Thread Information