+1

How does the bilge and cooling system in the VXR/VXS differ from other 2011 models?

I noticed in the back of the 2011 Waverunner catalog (where they compare all the skis Yamaha is offering for this year) that all the VX models have electronic bilge unchecked and all others do not. I thought most of the new ski's had a closed loop system or maybe its just the supercharged ones that do. Strongly considering a VXS and just wanted to know everything I could about it. Just wondering what the differences might be when it comes to what Yamaha decided to do with the cooling system and the bilge.

+1
    All Yamahas are open loop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    All Yamahas are open loop.
    Ok, thanks. I was just curious when I saw that only the VX models were unchecked on the Electronic Bilge line in the back of the pamphlet. I'm sure it's not really a big deal though.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Since the Mid Model GPRs Yamaha started putting electric bilge pumps in to help the siphon bilge pump systems.....Im guessing on the VX Models they didnt put them in to help trim the price .......the siphon systems works great as long as the ski is running.......I am going to put an electric one in over the winter just for peace of mind......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    Since the Mid Model GPRs Yamaha started putting electric bilge pumps in to help the siphon bilge pump systems.....Im guessing on the VX Models they didnt put them in to help trim the price .......the siphon systems works great as long as the ski is running.......I am going to put an electric one in over the winter just for peace of mind......
    Thanks for shedding light on that man. I knew I wasn't crazy ha. I'm into the specifics and I'm completely sold on a VXS but that was something that caught my eye the other night. I was thinking maybe for price too but I suppose if I just do the flushing procedure correctly then I should be ok I guess. This will obviously be my first ski although I have been ironically riding sea-doo's since say 2000 on and off.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    The Bilge Systems has nothing to do with the flushing of the ski......it just pulls water out of the hull......do a little reading on here , these skis tend to take on a lil water for various reasons (ride plate inserts, using reverse).....The electric bilge pump was the answer before.........VX in is a baseline model, very capable for what it is, a no frills, easy to maintain 67-68 MPH ski out of the box.....

+1
    For sure it is. Ya I couldn't help make my first post on here a noob question. I just wanted to be sure.
    I actually downloaded the service manual yesterday and skimmed through it while at work.
    I then went onto the Yamaha Motor website and downloaded the owners manual and read that basically all the way through. I can't wait to see what Yamaha comes out with in 2012 but either way for now I'm sold on this ski. I'll take a NA powered ski any day when its lighter and smaller than some of the sport models. I think its funny that the top speeds are about the same too. I plan on modding some so once I get in the 72-75mph range I'm done I think.

As far as the flushing....I here ya on that. Where I'm moving to there will be a boat ramp actually on the property. Gotta test it out a little first but I think it will be perfect for flushing and using the drain plugs to get all the water out as the ski will be on a natural angle then. I've wanted a jetski for like ten fricken years....now I just gotta wait till next season...Thank GOD

Thread Information