New Zealand

GP760 Electrical Advice

I've taken a picture to help, but I've found a connection in the wiring loom under the front hatch. The green connector (with a black wire & white/blue wire) going in one end. While looking for an electrical gremlin, I noticed the previous owner has put a bit of fuse wire between the two terminals. Which/what do these wire do?

It all started when I went to start & the green starter button did nothing. No clicks/noises or anything. The battery was charged & I finally narrowed it down to the in-line fuse which I had taken out to check. Seems like a loose connection in there somewhere. Anyway, it meant I gave the starter a go after removing/reinstalling the fuse. This meant the code had gone back to locked - but the engine still started!!??!!!

Does this short at the green terminal bypass the code??

Thanks & sorry for the long winded description.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	250072  

Madison, WI, USA
    I think the the green connector with a black wire & white/blue wire is for the fuel level sensor. Is the fuse wired into those wires??

New Zealand
    Thanks for the reply Cutlass. I think the fuse wire is in the other end of the connector, but when the connector is joined, it connects both sides together. I've been through the electrical diagrams but can't work it out.

Now I'm worried about the security code too. It seems even in 'locked' mode that the ski still starts.

New Zealand
    Hey Cutlass, you were right. I took the link out & the fuel quantity went to 1/3 full & started flashing even though there was fuel in there. Maybe this was the fix from the previous owner.
    Last think left now is why it starts when the code is set to 'lock'. Any ideas?? Anyone??

Thread Information