+1

ultra 250x fit in gpr?

pretty much like the title says. will a 07 ultra 250x motor swap wit in a gpr? I can get a killer deal on a 37hour ultra that my buddy dropped off his dock and smashed the hull up pretty bad.

+1
    Funny you ask....I was contemplating the same thing when I started thinking of building a conversion. I'm curious to hear the responses about this scenario. I was a fan of the 250x motor, just not from the coupler back for obvious reasons.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    the obstacle i see on this is the height of the motor and the supercharger on the side of the motor.......

Banned User
    +1
    It will fit an XLT, I know that

i was wondering the same thing back in the day when i started with my gprxp conversion...... is there any difference (size wise) between the 250 and the new 300 ultra?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gprxp View Post
    i was wondering the same thing back in the day when i started with my gprxp conversion...... is there any difference (size wise) between the 250 and the new 300 ultra?
    Same size
    I was going to do it. Had the hull and everything just could not bring myself to tear apart my 300 yet. I will follow this one as I have been dying to do it just not wanting to spend all the money if it doesn't work. I think worst case would be you may have to split the hull for the instal but I think it would fit. It does not stick outthe side any farther than the exhaust Mani. It is just a pain to get to all the bolds on the ultra so I would probably recommend splittingthe hull anyway.

+1
    If you can get it OUT of an Ultra300, then you can get it IN the seat opening of a GPR. The real trick (money, time, etc) is getting it all to fit. You couldn't find a wider hull to try it in.

+1
    It will come out but just in pieces. S/C, both manifolds then the engine will come out pretty easily. Also be sure you have ratchet wrenches. There is a bolt on the exhaust manifold that tells me they put it all together and in before combining the hulls.
    Kenlepack any way I can help from the Kawi side of your project feel free to ask. I do not know as much as KSalles but I do have a little knowledge to share. If this works it will be in my future. The mounts will be the same 250/260/300
    I will recommend getting the latest year you can get. As everyone knows the 07 had a few issues. They corrected more each year but if you research what the issues were and are planning on getting into the engine before the install you will be good. They are great long lasting engines if those few issued are corrected. I have a friend that had over 400 hours on his stock engine maintained better than I do and from what I heard the guy that bought it is still running it. I say this because some were good but I would do the homework and resolve the issues to be sure.

wow ill def consider something like this for my next project.... they have some potential for sure, how heavy are they compare to the rxp? i know the sho swaps are a "bit" heavier than the rxps

+1
    well thanks for all the help guy. but i did the common and went out and bought an 04 rxp from a seadoo technitian. the engine has a fresh build with 16 hours. he is neigbour to original owner who swallowed the washers in the charger. he has tore down the engine top to bottom and rebuilt with oem parts with all the new upgrades. the tech built it for himself but over the last 2 years only put 16 hours on it and hasnt had nearly enough ride time to find keeping it worthy. i ended up getting a decent price at 3950$ and it has barely a scratch. i GPSed it this weekend at 70.6 stock! its rides clean and hard. thanks again for the info though guys.

Thread Information