99 seadoo xp limited- no power

My pwc just died out on the lake so i brought it to the powersports dealer and they said the mpem was bad. I purchased a mpem and still nothing. It wont turn over, click, beep, nothing. I tested and the mpem has power. No idea what wires do what and where to go from here. Your help will be much appreciated! Thanks

+1
    stator, bendix and possiblly the starter. pm me-- I can help.

Just a side note...the bendix does need replacement. Just kinda confused that the start button tested fine all the way to the mpem and the resitance on the wire from the mpem to the power box is good but that wire shows nothing at the box. Wondering why the mpem isnt transfering the signal on. Does the mpem read the stator before it allows anything to happen? If not, i feel i need to figure out this part first before replacing the stator. Thanks

I am pretty new to this jet ski tech stuff so please bare with me. The power issue was found to be the 5 amp mpem fuse continously blowing.

+1
    It might be wirer grounding out some where. The vts box is sometimes the problem. Also make sure you dint plug something in wrong. I have plug in the tact gage in to the fuel gage ones on a older ski and was blowing fuses left and right It took me a while to find out why. Good luck

I found that the ground on the top/rear of the power box was showing .36 volts so i regrounded that and fuse blew again. I unplugged the vts plugs and the fuse is fine and it now turns over!

Broke down and tore the thing down. Bendix is absolutely fine and starter is just weak. Vts will be attacked later...

New starter installed and she fired up!! On a side note....ordered 3 rubber caps and a (gas) gauge support from seadoo parts house/motorcycle nation over a week ago. This place is a joke. Recieved my caps the other day with no gauge support. They contact me after a few calls and say its out of stock. No biggie. The part that gets me is they charged me $20+ in shipping on these little rubber pieces. Mind you they are in MI and im in WI. All said and done, they actually charged me that kind of shipping on those 3 little plugs because it must have been to difficult to do a breakdown when seperating both items. All in all, ok service at best, but remember the lube!

Thread Information