Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Horrible Dealership incident

Had the most pathetic and poorest of customer service I have ever witnessed in my entire life at Genes powersports country in Baytown Texas. Brought my RXT X in for a couple of minor warranty repairs. Long story short - I left the dealership with my unrepaired Seadoo still on my trailer and having the door of the service department slammed in my face by service manager (Cyndi) stating for me to never come back I WILL NEVER return or reccomend them to anyone!!!! Wont go into detail because it was just so incredibly rediculous. Certainly anyone can decide where they choose to shop, I just won't return there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskr View Post
    Had the most pathetic and poorest of customer service I have ever witnessed in my entire life at Genes powersports country in Baytown Texas. Brought my RXT X in for a couple of minor warranty repairs. Long story short - I left the dealership with my unrepaired Seadoo still on my trailer and having the door of the service department slammed in my face by service manager (Cyndi) stating for me to never come back I WILL NEVER return or reccomend them to anyone!!!! Wont go into detail because it was just so incredibly rediculous. Certainly anyone can decide where they choose to shop, I just won't return there.
    No, please do. I am wondering what would make a manager do that.

+1
    Give us the scoop Barry.

In Dogs We Trust All Others Get Searched
    From East Texas-transplanted in Shreveport,Bossier City
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskr View Post
    Long story short -
    Ugh..I think we're gonna need the long version. Take your time!

+1
    Details Barry. Your post doesn't do the story justice. Copy and paste the e-mail that you sent Gene.

+1
    Spill the beans Barry!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    that dealers sure looks like they afford to tell a customer to never come back but without details, this is just another thread ranting about something without justification.

I had to just this week tell a customer to never come back..

why?..

even though I have signs at my service desk that clearly state I will not under any circumstance install customer supplied parts this dingo insisted I install a crummy Chinese starter in his 4-tec. Not the first time either..last month it was his battery and ebay used voltage regualtor. Then he wants to "borrow" my prop wrench and "get a minute" on the shop press to install a stainless wear ring ( also ebay).

Told him if he wants to use my shop as his own the rate is $300 an hour.

The he started getting snarky on me ( oh did I mention that6 on a previous visit he told a customer of mine at the counter that the walmart batteries are a far better deal then what I was selling at ""rip off prices") and I told him he had ten minutes to get his trailer hooked up and off the lot before I called the sheriff to have him removed.

So...what transpired at this dealership to have them slam the door in your face...I sometimes wonder If I'm a prick..or just a business man.

By the way, I do lots of what I call "pro bono" work for folks who obviously cannot even afford a jetski but don't pull up towing it with a late model f-350 with a lift kit then bitch that I charge $105 for a battery when autozone sells the same thing for $90

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    that dealers sure looks like they afford to tell a customer to never come back but without details, this is just another thread ranting about something without justification.

I had to just this week tell a customer to never come back..

why?..

even though I have signs at my service desk that clearly state I will not under any circumstance install customer supplied parts this dingo insisted I install a crummy Chinese starter in his 4-tec. Not the first time either..last month it was his battery and ebay used voltage regualtor. Then he wants to "borrow" my prop wrench and "get a minute" on the shop press to install a stainless wear ring ( also ebay).

Told him if he wants to use my shop as his own the rate is $300 an hour.

The he started getting snarky on me ( oh did I mention that6 on a previous visit he told a customer of mine at the counter that the walmart batteries are a far better deal then what I was selling at ""rip off prices") and I told him he had ten minutes to get his trailer hooked up and off the lot before I called the sheriff to have him removed.

So...what transpired at this dealership to have them slam the door in your face...I sometimes wonder If I'm a prick..or just a business man.

By the way, I do lots of what I call "pro bono" work for folks who obviously cannot even afford a jetski but don't pull up towing it with a late model f-350 with a lift kit then bitch that I charge $105 for a battery when autozone sells the same thing for $90

Yup its you.Your a dick.LOL JK Crazy world out there with to many ungrateful people.Sometimes ya just gota say GET OUT GOODBYE.ty..

+1
    If I know Barry like I think I do, I'm willing to bet this "woman" named Cyndi (service manager) is to blame here guys. You know, her time of the month and or a power trip thing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 97GPSLEEPER View Post
    If I know Barry like I think I do, I'm willing to bet this "woman" named Cyndi (service manager) is to blame here guys. You know, her time of the month and or a power trip thing.
    +1

I dont think Barry was to blame.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information