Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question rxp 215 vs rxp-x

So I bought my 06 rxp 215 this past spring and I'm looking to do some nice mods this winter. Well I was adding everything up basically I was looking to do the riva stage 1 kit and upgrade the supercharger and maybe intercooler too and probably a few other things like thru hull exhaust and such. My question is from a bang for the buck stand point and potential am I better off going this route of just selling my 215 and moving to the rxp-x and modding that some? My goal is to be in the mid to upper 70's. I also like the hole shot the x seems to have. I bought my rxp with 84 hrs in mid june and it now has just under 120 hrs so needless to say I do ride it quite a bit, at what point is it considered to be higher in hrs and not good to be doing a bunch of mods on a stock motor?? Is one model better for mods then the other or what? Thanks for any advice!

+1
    Upper 70's. Here's what you do.
    RRFPR
    15/20r
    Fizzle IC
    Rear Air. Checkout JLewis he sells a rear air scoop that you only need kanaflex for and a 4" adapter
    SFR rideplate mod
    Riva Grate
    R&D girdle
    SFR Pump shoe insert
    ET 137 charger by engine tech
    Riva rear exhaust
    Fizzle pro block offs
    Some exhaust system. Shortened and gutted waterbox would work or a riva waterbox
    also need an adjustable nozzle with an 81mm ring.
    42lb injectors with FPR set at 65 base
    No problem getting there with these.

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Upper 70's. Here's what you do.
    RRFPR
    15/20r
    Fizzle IC
    Rear Air. Checkout JLewis he sells a rear air scoop that you only need kanaflex for and a 4" adapter
    SFR rideplate mod
    Riva Grate
    R&D girdle
    SFR Pump shoe insert
    ET 137 charger by engine tech
    Riva rear exhaust
    Fizzle pro block offs
    Some exhaust system. Shortened and gutted waterbox would work or a riva waterbox
    also need an adjustable nozzle with an 81mm ring.
    42lb injectors with FPR set at 65 base
    No problem getting there with these.
    What is RRFPR I keep seeing that everywhere? Andis this with the stock sc? With the prie of that stuff what would it cost or need to have done t the x? How would the hole shot then compare? How will this setup do when compared to say asomewhat modded ultra 300 or somthing like that?

Also i think i want tp stay away from the rear air just because i like to screw around on it too and sometimes hit the waves in lake michigan. Too big of risk for water ingestion imo...plan was 4" front intake. About as good?

Skip the 70s jump to 80 save the time and money in the long run of chasing speeds IMO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LSXHP View Post
    What is RRFPR I keep seeing that everywhere? Andis this with the stock sc? With the prie of that stuff what would it cost or need to have done t the x? How would the hole shot then compare? How will this setup do when compared to say asomewhat modded ultra 300 or somthing like that?
    RRFPR-rising rate fuel pressure regular.... supplies more fuel with more boost. He mentioned et137 charger, that is the upgrade from stock that you have. You would be knockin on 80's door hard if everything was set up right. The px is cheaper to get to around 75 but then you have to worry about pressure leave valves in the pump, some don't mind, just saying. I think the rxp is the way to go, and especially since you already have it.

You'd murder a 300... btw... and holeshot would be great, if everything was set up right.

There's one thing you ain't gonna do to that rxp that will equal the p-x's.

You aren't gonna enlarge the tunnel.

Unless you run on flat water exclusively...all the go fast goodies ain't gonna amount to sheet compared to the RXP-X.

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    There's one thing you ain't gonna do to that rxp that will equal the p-x's.

You aren't gonna enlarge the tunnel.

Unless you run on flat water exclusively...all the go fast goodies ain't gonna amount to sheet compared to the RXP-X.
    Nope quite a choppy river where I ride actualy. Rarely get glass. So what's that means as far as between the 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post
    RRFPR-rising rate fuel pressure regular.... supplies more fuel with more boost. He mentioned et137 charger, that is the upgrade from stock that you have. You would be knockin on 80's door hard if everything was set up right. The px is cheaper to get to around 75 but then you have to worry about pressure leave valves in the pump, some don't mind, just saying. I think the rxp is the way to go, and especially since you already have it.

You'd murder a 300... btw... and holeshot would be great, if everything was set up right.
    And what's this pressure leave valves? Other then a decent top end I really like hole shot and acceleration that's why I'm debating between mod mine decent or get an X and light mods would be about the same just a better hole shot right?

Quote Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post
    Skip the 70s jump to 80 save the time and money in the long run of chasing speeds IMO.
    Id have to pu more in it then I bouht it for wouldn't I? I been hearing after 75ish it gets real expensive..I never keep my toys for more then a couple yrs before I endup with somethin else so I don't wanna put 5k in it...might wanna try one of those 2012's in a yr or 2...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information