Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    DaveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Central Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,362
    +1
    41

    ARP/Riva head studs

    What size/type is the socket that is used for the nut in the Riva/ARP head studs ?


  2. #2
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    What size/type is the socket that is used for the nut in the Riva/ARP head studs ?
    12 Point 1/2 Get a good one to!

  3. #3
    DaveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Central Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,362
    +1
    41
    Just my luck, all my 12 point stuff is metric !

    thanks for the info.

  4. #4
    oz_speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    371
    +1
    1
    I am fitting a Rude 3 over winter and was looking at fitting the Riva head stud set myself. Question, is it worth it or are the stock studs ok when running high boost.

  5. #5
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376
    stock studs are ok I wont change them if your not pulling the head. Once you pull your head no doubt arp you dont have to throw bolts away.

  6. #6
    SJL Custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    253
    +1
    10
    You can reuse stock head bolts. As long as theyre within tolerance. The bolts must be under 148.50mm in order to be reused. The advantage of the stock bolts is that they are stretch bolts. No need to retorque after heat cycling.

  7. #7
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376
    No need to retorque but I will never reuse a head bolt some do I wont. All I did on my arp is retorque them after I put two hours on my motor and thats all 5 min job

  8. #8
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    port st lucie fl
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    No need to retorque but I will never reuse a head bolt some do I wont. All I did on my arp is retorque them after I put two hours on my motor and thats all 5 min job
    went 92 ft lbs..85 isnt enough..ride retorque..no issues since..

  9. #9
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    port st lucie fl
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by SJL Custom View Post
    You can reuse stock head bolts. As long as theyre within tolerance. The bolts must be under 148.50mm in order to be reused. The advantage of the stock bolts is that they are stretch bolts. No need to retorque after heat cycling.
    +1 this is also a true statement..

  10. #10
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    port st lucie fl
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Just my luck, all my 12 point stuff is metric !

    thanks for the info.
    13 mm will be fine..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS <<<< Engine upgrade parts | Riva valve train kit, ARP Head stud kit >>>>>
    By Gus13letter in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-12-2015, 05:25 AM
  2. WTB 66v yamaha 1200 pv Riva Head Stud kit
    By PeteSkeet in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 07:02 PM
  3. riva head studs..and oem gasket..torque specs?
    By breon in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 02:51 PM
  4. Riva head studs 300x
    By boostedf12x in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 12:39 AM
  5. WTB WTB Riva Head stud kit
    By krouchchocolate in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-26-2011, 01:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •