Thread: Oil message

+1

Question Oil message

70 Hrs on ski. 04 GTX LTD SC.

I am getting an "OIL message"(no code thrown) with red warning light and continuious beep. This is the senario..... I start ski up( first run of the day) ...let it idle for around 1 minute..... bring it up to around 3,500 rpms or so.... alarm goes off.... red warning light...(no code)...pull dess key.... restart... no problem.. all day (Stopping and restart)..ski runs great. Oil is at proper level...This all started happening just recently.

Thoughts??

Cheers

+1
    This exact thing happened to me and It was when I switched to amsoil. I pushed every connector tighter throughout the ski and I would just restart the ski and nothing transpired after that but I did go home and take a tad bit of oil out thinking I added too much oil. (as suggested from members here) This was last summer and this summer, nothing alarmed. I did have to change my injectors (thanks Jpeconsult & Troyheb) but that's all I did different.

Do you know that when u change your oil filter, you should change your o-rings as well?!?!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Booner76 View Post
    70 Hrs on ski. 04 GTX LTD SC.

I am getting an "OIL message"(no code thrown) with red warning light and continuious beep. This is the senario..... I start ski up( first run of the day) ...let it idle for around 1 minute..... bring it up to around 3,500 rpms or so.... alarm goes off.... red warning light...(no code)...pull dess key.... restart... no problem.. all day (Stopping and restart)..ski runs great. Oil is at proper level...This all started happening just recently.

Thoughts??

Cheers
    Could possibly be one of the oil pressure switches. This is exactly what was happening to my wifes ski although it was an 02 model 4 tec. We ended up changing out both of the switches and the ski has never done this again. If im right in thinking, some of these were prone to going faulty on the earlier models. Not too expensive to change out, worth a try. Certainly solved the problem with our one.

+1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by heckie View Post
    Could possibly be one of the oil pressure switches. This is exactly what was happening to my wifes ski although it was an 02 model 4 tec. We ended up changing out both of the switches and the ski has never done this again. If im right in thinking, some of these were prone to going faulty on the earlier models. Not too expensive to change out, worth a try. Certainly solved the problem with our one.
    Thanks for the reply.......
    In the searches that I have done...I am leaning towards the changing of both switches....
    I did hear about defective oil sensor swithes..but wanted to hear first hand from the members here on Green Hulk...Valued Info!

Outside of that..My ski runs strong...pulls 63-64 MPH (GPS) at 7,600 rpms.

Intresting response from TtrahRXPX....Yes....I change over to AMSOIL this year...new filter and yes...changed O rings.

Thankyou both for your input!

Cheers

oil sensor bad

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftarno View Post
    oil sensor bad
    Would you know which one?...or ..change both?

Cheers

Thread Information