God of the Wave spyder3000gtvr4's Avatar

need help from an fx ho guy

hey droppped a 2005 fxho motor into my gpr hull have most of my stuff figured out and done. i need to know if i need this little receiver transmitter box in the front of the ski. all i need is a guy with an fx ho to unplug it and see it the ski starts/runs and gives any error codes. riva said that i most likely need it but the guy isnt 100%

+1
    Hello there buddy, I am currently in the Mediterranean and wont be back till Monday so I will test for you when I get home however I had a situation one time on my friend's FX-HO where we gat to the water and he had forgotten his remote and the ski was locked so we try disconnecting the box in the front (this is the wireless alarm transmitter) but were NOT able to get it running. Another piece of information for you to explore is a little wireless transmitter block off that comes with ALL Riva Vipec ECU, When I did mine I just plug it in place of that little box and I NO longer had the alarm or Lmode feature. This appears to be an Alarm/L-mode block off. I will be getting back my FZS in a week or two so I can also try that option for you. I also know you have to use the oil tank cover off a VX110 to clear the seat. Anyways man good luck with your built I'm sure you found several threads here of guys that have successfully done this conversion with excellent end results 70+MPH!!!

did you run the vipec on an fxho? i looked on riva and it says sho and fzr im goign to try calling them again and asking them about this. i have no need or deisre for some remote/alarm thing. got the vx oil top already. im pissed yamaha never just made this ski.

ill be in your shoes soon. fxho motor in an xlt hull. yes the transmitter module is needed with the stock electronics. as for vipec im not sure it will work since the mr-1 is soo different from the sho motor. Even though i would like to see sho electronics on an mr-1.
    ill be running an aem ems-4 on my mr-1 conversion. doing a little internal work to my mr-1 to get a little more power. and be able to tune it and not just use factory electronics.

i talked to riva a few yrs back and they told me not to do anything to the motor they had no luck supercharging it as well as other since its a strung out motor already. the only thing that could safely be done is a port/polish if done correct it could add up to 10%. beyond that the only thing i could say is drop it into a gpr wont that give you 4-5mph right off the bat? that 4-5mph would require a bit of work in the xlt hull which is basically a pre fx hull anyway...? but to each's own, so now i need this transmitter and a freaking key thing... what a pita!!!

Thread Information