Captain's Log: Stardate 8.19.11 and beyond....

New to the board and I thought it would be cool to post up when, how long and where you are riding for the day.

Yesterday, I rode for about 3 hours on the North End of Lake Washington out in the semi-sunny state of Washington. Chasing boats, looking for that big wake. I found a 40 footer Maxum boat putting out some serious 3 ft. wakes. I hit them at an angle and go flying. It's too much fun....

Friday was amazing. Nice and Sunny. I hit the Northern tip of Lake Washington. The mechanics at where I store my ski and boat were out on the lake testing a boat they had been working on. Nicely enough, they gave me a fat wake at about 15mph. I pulled a bunch of 20 footers and had a great time. Thanks guys!!

Saturday was just as nice. About 85 degrees, but with a lot of boats on the lake. That gave me a lot of decisions to make on which boat I was going to chase around and surf their wakes. I found a few 40-50 footer boats and got some massive wakes out of it. My arms hurt so bad after the day was done but it was so worth it. Went and stored the jet ski at about 3pm and then took the wife, son and wifey's friend out on the boat. Another great day!

I swear there is nothing like a ice cold Corona Light on the boat in the hot summer sun, yum....

Today was rad. It's cloudy, windy, rainy and much colder than yesterday. But I was like screw it. I'm going out.

I get ready and hit the marina. I look out at the water and it is super choppy. This is where I get excited. A few of the guys at the marina come up to me and express their feelings on my going out. Basically, they say I'm ape shit crazy. But, I know this already.

So, I head out. It is super windy and the water is smashing the front of the ski as I clear the 5mph posts. As I get past them, I punch it. Maybe 200 feet into the lake the swells are at least 3 feet or more. Wave after wave with loys of chop. If I go South the wind and rain are kicking my ass. When I go North, it's pure ecstacy. Super fat swells all over the place. I smash and go so damn hard. Plus, there is this twin engine cargo plane doing touch and go's constantly as I am riding. I'm pulling 10 footers here, 20 footers there and it just don't stop. Water is smashing me in the face and I am breathing harder than ever. No boats out, just me and these fat swells. It was epic. Got in 2 hours of primo skiing an am excited to do it again. I think the winter is going to fun this year. Cause I own the lake.

So it's been a few days since my last log. And too, anyone that is out riding, tell us about your experiences. I ride everyday before work and as much on the weekends as possible. I am curious what other people do with their ski's too. Post it up!

Now I am up to a solid 40 hours on my new ski. I have had it for more than a month and have had a ton of fun with it. Today was the first time I bailed on it. And I did it twice in a row. The lake was pretty crowded by the entrance to University of Wasington. This huge 50 foot boat comes pushing through at about 15 miles an hours and it is putting out this enourmous wake/waves. Of course I am all over this shit. I hit it a few solid times and get whipped around like a rodeo rider. It's crazy choppy too beccause of how many boats are rolling around. So, I always go for the outer wave when it comes to big boats. If I hit the inner swell then my tail usually smacks the outer swell cause these swells are like 6 foot. Well, I hit this big ass juicy wave and plow....So much water hits me that it straight rips me off the ski. My flip flops stayed on and so did my glasses. I hop back on and chase this big ass boat ready to do some justice to this wave that just kicked me off of my horse. I pop a few nice ones and it is still super choppy around the swells. I come up again to a fat swell and bam! I did it again. Shit straight ripped me off of my seat. Now, I have lost one flip flop and my glasses. I get up on the ski and see my flip flop floating as with my glasses. Thank goodness I had a floatable "chums" sunglass holder on or I would have lost them. I have at this point learned my lesson with this boat. I watch her travel in to the west towards the Huskies stadium. Still, I know I rocked those waves. They took me out twice, but I got some fat airs off of those babies.

The days since my last post have been fun too. I completely bombed the lake the other day just for the fun of it. I go from the North tip of lake Washington all the way to Renton and back to the North Tip. Not sure how many miles but it takes about half a tank to do it. Kinda pissed though, when I hit the bridge by Mercer Island (Microsoft Vill), I see these young kids on the extact same ski that I have. I am going under the bridge and they are dropping 2 of the 4 09' RXT's in front of their property. Must be nice. No matter the case I was out to have fun and that is just what I did.

Sitting here with sore ass tendon's thinking about how nice tomorrow is going to be too. I gotta scrape up some gas money and I am back on the lake. I'm going to get the wifey to drive the boat and have a nice BBQ on it. I bought a small colmen gas stove and it works great. We do shishkabobs and hot dogs on it and it works really well. I paid like 40 bucks for it and am so happy I invested in something that will accompany my beer consumption. But for now, I am on the land and about to crack a Corona. Life's good....

Thread Information