xlt1200 4 stroke conversion.... midwall needed?

^^^^ like title says. xlt 1200 hull yamaha 4 stroke conversion is the midwall needed? yes i know i need something to support the mid bearing but id like to remove the midwall. then use the older 1100 or 1200 piece that the mid bearing bolts to. like in the jetboats. then create a short midwall to hold it. either out of fiberglass, carbon fiber, or aluminum. just want that big divider out of the way. if i can't remove it completely i guess i can just cut it down.

doesnt that act as a support for seat and a firewall?

Search button! Ross Nemo did the whole build for ya with pics and all.

saw his build. he kept the midwall. and did a sho conversion. im goin fx140 ho swap mr-1.
    already figured out what im going to do. bolt in billet short midwall with older wave venture bearing carrier holder. with the 4 stroke bearing carrier bolted to it. leaving the midwall atatched to the sides of the hull but with the center cut out but leaving almost a flange for hull support.

The MR1 is a drop in, already been done. No need to cut anything up on the XLT.

doesn't the stbd stringer have to be cut for the exhaust manifold to clear? Only mr-1 conversion ive seen is the gp ho conversion.
    i know the midwall doesn't need cut but it being there makes it a pain in the a$$ to work on. also the grime that builds in the bilge under the mid bearing because the midwall is glued to the hull liner. would be a lot nicer if it wasn't there. ill figure it out when i get to that point. still gota rebuild my motor.

ended up keeping my midwall. but cut out a section of it for access to the back of the oil tank for maintnance and assembly. will be cutting a little more so water doesn't build up under the drive coupler. will also probably be making the same cutout that the exhaust goes through on the other side of the ski to make it symetrical, also better routing of my cables and cooling hoses. not everything trying to fit through a 2" diameter hole.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	09-30-11_1804.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	254700   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	09-30-11_1803.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	254701  

Thread Information