Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

+1

Round what ever I am up to now......

I am taking a different path this time.
    A little over a year ago I had a VERY bad accident I crashed my GPRXP and ruptured my ear drum, broke my nose and seperated my shoulder. I sold the ski and never looked back I have been playing with Frestyle skis lately I am having a ton of fun. My daughter has been asking for me to take her for rides on my wifes ski (2005 GP1300r)and with only having one sit down it leaves my wife at the dock (not fair to her). So I decided to build another GPRXP.

Here is what I want out of the ski:
    Enough hole shot to keep up with a RXP
    Enough top speed to go 85 (the guy I ride with his ski bearly breaks 80 Stage 3 RXP)
    VERY STABLE.....
    LOW MAintenance Thinking nothing more than an RXPX SC and the ski lives out at the lake (1 hour away)
    Stock looking GPR No stickers or paint

Ok so I am looking for advise because I am questioning what I know about the GPR hull after the crash.

2000 hull VERY CLEAN stock RXP motor (upgraded valves and retainers) also have external IC and piping.
    Seal the pump
    reinforces in the hull for Shoe, Plate. and Tabs
    tunnel reinforcement
    SS intake grate
    Ride Plate???? (have a Riva plate) have Jim modify it?

Questions:
    Pump 2005 (I have a 2005 GPR pump)or RXP?
    2" extention? Jet works, industrial valves, drill pump shoe or PhillipGPR adaptor?
    Trim tabs Stock metal ones?
    Any advantage to closed loop cooling? I only ride in fresh water. Is it worth dealing with the heat exchanger over the valves

Any suggestions will be welcomed I will post pictures soon....

+1
    Check out my build thread. I think my set up is similar to what you are looking for.
    I wanted a close to stock set up for reliabliltiy and wanted great handling in all conditions. I have put 20 hours, half @ WFO and half at crusing speed and have had ZERO issues to date.

Even with the 05 pump, trimmed just right, the hole shot isnt that bad, (I love the 1200 grate). We took some of the angle out of the plate and locked down the handling. The ski still averages 86 in smooth water with this set up with a top speed of 87.

I recently moved from the flat water bayous that I used to ride in the simi to very ruff lake conditions. Even with the choppy conditions I experience up here and 100+ heat; I can trim the nose down, lean over the handle bars, yank the throttle, hold on for dear life, and still run 78-80. I hit 83 on the GPS in 1 foot chop a few weeks back.

I think you could take my set up and replace the Yami pump with the Seadoo pump and you would have an excellent hole shot with the 85 mph top end that you are looking for.

Good luck and welcome back to the insanity.
    Kirk

i am building a gprxp also ...is the seadoo pump really that much better on the holeshot ??

i guess its not worth messing with the yami pump and going straight to seadoo?

+1
    If I had the cash to do it all over again, I'd do a stock RXPX running gear into a GPR, including the pump, using a 25mm SD adapter, and a Teds shaft, and call it a day. Lock the rideplate at .85" and put the battery fairly far forward. Maybe up around the fuel tank cutout.

I sure as hell wouldn't piece-meal it together. I'd use a running RXPx tested ahead of time. I'd sure as hell use the RXP pump. I'd follow the latest pump pressure reliefs using the 1" valves.

85mph with a holeshot that should beat nearly anything you run across on the water, shouldn't be too hard to do.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    If I had the cash to do it all over again, I'd do a stock RXPX running gear into a GPR, including the pump, using a 25mm SD adapter, and a Teds shaft, and call it a day. Lock the rideplate at .85" and put the battery fairly far forward. Maybe up around the fuel tank cutout.

I sure as hell wouldn't piece-meal it together. I'd use a running RXPx tested ahead of time. I'd sure as hell use the RXP pump. I'd follow the latest pump pressure reliefs using the 1" valves.

85mph with a holeshot that should beat nearly anything you run across on the water, shouldn't be too hard to do.
    I agree Mark, the 255 setup makes the best rec ski. Carries ski runs 85 all day and so locked down it will outrun an X in the turns. Nothing has to be done to that ski other then change the oil often because it gets ridden most.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post

Except for my SD adapter being the 3" version and me piece-mealing instead of a running RXP-X, this sounds 100% like how my ski ended up. I'm really happy to see your post.

I like to do one too. do you know were I can find a rxtx 255 engine at.

+1
    Hydrotoys and Duke whats the skinny on the 1" valves? I searched but came up empty. I saw a picture but now I can seem to find it again

wish I had a 255 set up but I dont I have a 215 set up.....

+1
    update:

Ski is ready for the motor.... Sending the ride plate off to Jim's. Bunch of parts on order.

how the heck to I post pictures on here now....

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information