00 Genesis FICT no fuel no spark. HELP!!!

New here. I have a 2000 Genesis FICT. Last year I burned a piston so I done a rebuild. after the rebuild the engine turns over but no start. I have no fuel preasure and no spark. What could be wrong? I cant see the EMM going bad just sitting there but I could be wrong. I bypassed the start/stop module and still nothing. Any help would be great.

Thanks

First, make sure your battery is charged and capable of providing at least 10.6 volts while cranking the engine. Anything less than that then the engine will not fire. After that, check the voltage on the red/white wire going to the injectors. Do not unplug the injectors when you do this. You should get about 20V while cranking the engine and about 45V if it start. As for the fuel pressure, pinch off the return line and see if you get any, if not the pump isnt working or its not getting power. If you get good pressure with the return line pinched off, the pressure regulator has fallen off inside the tank. Easy to put back on if that is the case. In order to make the pump run without running the engine, ground the brown wire that hooks up to the top of the pump. Note: There should always be 12V present at the pump connector even when the engine is not running. Check the 15 amp breakers on the right side of the ski by the starter solenoid and make sure they are not tripped because one of them protects the fuel pump circuit. Let us know what you get.

Checked voltage at the injectors and have 4.6v, not the 20v like it should have. Breakers are good checked voltage going in and out. Grounded the brown wire at the fuel pump and it runs with preasure at the schrader valve in the return line. still no fire at the plugs.

Thanks

Swapped the EMM out with another machine (same year same model) mine made his run, but rough and the same with mine (no spark no fuel). removed the crank sensor and signes of water in the flywheel housing. Removed oil pump housing and cleaned w/ carb cleaner and reassembled and still nothing. Any ideas would be great?

I have the stator wires unplugged from the EMM. How do I check it?

Quote Originally Posted by bass addict View Post
    I have the stator wires unplugged from the EMM. How do I check it?
    This is out of the service manual for the 02 but it should be the same to test the stator. Before you start measuring the resistance, touch your meter leads together and see if you meter reads 0.00. Most will not read a perfect zero ohms so just subtract what it reads to get a closer measurement. The resistance values and very small.

12 Volt Stator Winding Resistance

(Pins: 1 and 12 / 2 and 11)

0.1 - 0.3

45 Volt Stator Winding Resistance

(Pins: 3 and 10 / 4 and 9 / 5 and 8

0.3 - 0.5

Stator Pins: 1 -- 12 (Each) to Ground
    O.L.

Stator Cranking Voltage (Approximate)
    Pins:

1 and 12 7Vac

2 and 11 7Vac

3 and 10 5Vac

4 and 9 5Vac

5 and 8 5Vac

Also since your EMM made the other ski run that eliminates it. The reason his ran rough was likely because the fuel injectors are flow matched to the EMM

In regard to the water making it into the stator compartment, its not supposed to do that. Water should only flow through the stator cover. How much water is in there or is it possible its just condensation?

First off thanks so much for your help. I am mechanicaly inclined but this thing stumps me (getting it together though). Here is what I got and hope I done this right.

0.3 0.3

0.3 0.3 0.4

Stator Pins: 1 -- 12 (Each) to Ground 1-3.4, 2-3.5, 3-3.5, 4-3.5, 5-4.76, 8-4.84, 9-3.5, 10-3.5, 11-3.7, 12-3.7
    O.L.

Pins:

1 and 12 7Vac = 0

2 and 11 7Vac = 0

3 and 10 5Vac = 0

4 and 9 5Vac = 0

5 and 8 5Vac = 0

All the stator cranking voltage was checked Alternating current.

As for the moisture in the flywheel housing it could have been condensation. I'm not sure what all this means but thanks for your help.

First off thanks so much for your help. I am mechanicaly inclined but this thing stumps me (getting it together though). Here is what I got and hope I done this right.

0.3 0.3

0.3 0.3 0.4

Stator Pins: 1 -- 12 (Each) to Ground 1-3.4, 2-3.5, 3-3.5, 4-3.5, 5-4.76, 8-4.84, 9-3.5, 10-3.5, 11-3.7, 12-3.7
    O.L.

Pins:

1 and 12 7Vac = 0

2 and 11 7Vac = 0

3 and 10 5Vac = 0

4 and 9 5Vac = 0

5 and 8 5Vac = 0

All the stator cranking voltage was checked Alternating current.

As for the moisture in the flywheel housing it could have been condensation. I'm not sure what all this means but thanks for your help.
    Your stator is no good. What this tells me is the stator has grounded out. When its grouded out it cant produce AC current as it should so I would replace it and it should fix your issue. Be sure to check the stator cover and replace all the seals so water cant get in. Water flows through the cover but it should not reach the actual stator. I would also pull the flywheel off and check and make sure you dont have loose magnets, they sometimes come loose

Thats what I needed to hear. Thanks so much for your help and I will let you know how it goes as soon as I locate the parts.

Thats what I needed to hear. Thanks so much for your help and I will let you know how it goes as soon as I locate the parts.
    Take a look here at K447's page > http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/ for parts sources.

Thread Information