Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

06 RXT New bellows boot, carbon seal, hat, clip and SFR Bellows Band.Still cavitating

112 hours on an 06 RXT. I replaced with a new bellows boot, carbon seal, hat, cclip and SpeedFreaks Bellows Band. Everything is in tight. About a month ago, I sucked up a rock at Alum Creek. Dinged up my Solas 14/19 prop. Installed a new wear ring (OEM) and the stock prop that was redone thru SBT. Now I only turn 7900 RPM max and cavitate like a banshee off the line. I figured with stock prop I'd turn more RPM than with the SOLAS? Only real thing I'm running is RIVA CAI and a free flow exhaust. Off the line it seems like I'm pegging rev limiter, get up to 10mph and it grabs and goes. I've read a TON of the posts on here in regards to this, but I'm at a loss. My next personal guess is that I need an intake grate. Perhaps the stock one can't keep up? I just went down the Sandusky River yesterday. Smooth as glass. GPS registerd 64.7 mph and only 7900 rpm max. I want to try new plugs (they are the ones from last year), and I checked throttle cable to make sure I'm truely pulling WOT. After sucking up the rock, the veins were buggered up. I filed those smooth. Supercharger was rebuilt about 30 hours ago. Next thing I guess is to remove it and test slip?

And a special thanks to Jerry for good parts and MSRXP on your carbon seal information. Some darn good advice from all of you guys! Thanks for all you do!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jheyde View Post
    112 hours on an 06 RXT. I replaced with a new bellows boot, carbon seal, hat, cclip and SpeedFreaks Bellows Band. Everything is in tight. About a month ago, I sucked up a rock at Alum Creek. Dinged up my Solas 14/19 prop. Installed a new wear ring (OEM) and the stock prop that was redone thru SBT. Now I only turn 7900 RPM max and cavitate like a banshee off the line. I figured with stock prop I'd turn more RPM than with the SOLAS? Only real thing I'm running is RIVA CAI and a free flow exhaust. Off the line it seems like I'm pegging rev limiter, get up to 10mph and it grabs and goes. I've read a TON of the posts on here in regards to this, but I'm at a loss. My next personal guess is that I need an intake grate. Perhaps the stock one can't keep up? I just went down the Sandusky River yesterday. Smooth as glass. GPS registerd 64.7 mph and only 7900 rpm max. I want to try new plugs (they are the ones from last year), and I checked throttle cable to make sure I'm truely pulling WOT. After sucking up the rock, the veins were buggered up. I filed those smooth. Supercharger was rebuilt about 30 hours ago. Next thing I guess is to remove it and test slip?
    Check to make sure your engine mounts aren't broken.

+1
    What is your clearance with the new wear ring?

I just went out and grabbed a hold of the engine. Doesn't move at all?

Quote Originally Posted by sn-95 View Post
    What is your clearance with the new wear ring?
    I'll have to go buy a new set of feelers. I don't know to be honest. I guess my assumption of a new OEM wear ring and recon'd prop shouldn't give me any comfort huh?

Am I wrong in what I'm thinking here, that something definately isn't 100% right? I don't think I could pull a wakeboarder behind me anymore. I have NO holeshot whatsoever. My buddy has a 05 Yamaha FX140 and he was smoking me off the line, until I'd grab and roll. It was nothing but full throttle, limiter limiter limiter limiter........go. If I'd back off the throttle a bit and get going just less aggressive, it would take the hint and go.

+1
    Veins on the intake grate or pump veins were buggered up?

Pump Veins

+1
    I wouldn't trust a sbt reconditioned prop. A under propped ski will cavitate no matter what u do.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information