Thread: Cdi options?

Cdi options?

first thing first. this is a great site.
    I have a 95 SLT 750 in which the cdi is dead. I can’t seem to find one. Even polaris is saying there back ordered till sept end.
    my question is; is there another option for the cdi unit? Different year? model ect. or better yet. i would like to upgrade the ignition system, to a newer more reliable version. Is this possible? Just need some direction... thx…

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Any 94 or 95 750 CDI will work. (lots of used ones for sale)

Or a 96 SLT 780 CDI with 78W96A or B printed on it will work. (those also use 24* of timing like the 750)

As for upgrade, there is none for the blue Fuji engines. (they are quite reliable)

You just need to make sure you have a clean and solid connection for the engine ground to battery. And keep an insulator between the battery and the aluminum elec box that sits atop it.

Also welcome to the Hulk.

so the cdi box and hole unit off a 650 wont work on a 780?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by freemandino25 View Post
    Nope, unless you goto a 650 stator, and then you will lose some timing advance and power along with it. Not a good idea if you ask me. Follow Xlint's suggestion and get a 750 or 780 CDI. Not too hard to find. In fact I might even have one here........

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by freemandino25 View Post
    Post #4 explains it all

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...4-650-780-jugs

Just to give some back round. The fellow I bought it off did not have the battery cover installed correctly so as you can guess it burnt out the ground wire leading from the stator. I tried rewiring the stator, before I found this site. Didn’t even think to check the ohms before hand. Anyway, after the new stator came in I installed it. Still no spark. After reading your forums I did what has been mentioned so many times. Checked all wires, measured their ohms, re located the batt ground to the engine block new spark plugs and wires ect. Still no spark. It’s a curious thing. When I disconnected the lanyard wire, I was reading a full circuit coming out of the cdi on the blk/y wire. Im assuming that wire will only have a complete circuit when grounded by the lanyard switch ground coming from the electrical box to the cdi? Never the less, it’s a constant grounded wire now. I was even thinking of setting up my own ignition system, something like the total loss systems, however still with the original charging system still functional. OK my little dilemma. There is no way to check the cdi unit, I don’t feel comfortable picking one up on ebay, or some back ally parts seller. Cant seem to find a new one very easy at all where I am. Would someone happen to know where a good, reputable place is I can have one over nighted?

I transcend race Hombre! TBone14's Avatar
    +1
    Call John Zigler at rock county jet ski - fast shipping and very reputable

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargon View Post
    When I disconnected the lanyard wire, I was reading a full circuit coming out of the cdi on the blk/y wire. Im assuming that wire will only have a complete circuit when grounded by the lanyard switch ground coming from the electrical box to the cdi? Never the less, it’s a constant grounded wire now.
    The blk/yel wire is the "kill" or "stop" wire.
    When grounded-it shut's off the CDI=no spark.
    Removing the lanyard or pressing the stop switch suppies the ground to the blk/y.

Thread Information