Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Heat dissipation on the 300X - best practices

Interested in what our 300X owners are doing to keep the craft's engine compartment cool (or, probably better to say as cool as possible..... heat dissipation) via ventilation and other methods while underway. And doing so while not allowing for significant exposure for water intrusion in rougher water.

Even if you might not have implemented a solution, what ideas might any of you have?

Interested in perspectives on this - a great deal of expertise with many of you....

Banned User
    +1
    Mark talk to Warren. He hhad some nice little heat extractor he fitted to the hull

+1
    Because I live in a Tropical Island where it is hot and humid all year... I plan to install a eletric blower on one of the front hose to draw fresh air into the hull.
    I have with me right know the R&D fresh air kit... but not sure if I will install it because water enter engine bay without it already.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Socaloffshore View Post
    Interested in what our 300X owners are doing to keep the craft's engine compartment cool (or, probably better to say as cool as possible..... heat dissipation) via ventilation and other methods while underway. And doing so while not allowing for significant exposure for water intrusion in rougher water.

Even if you might not have implemented a solution, what ideas might any of you have?

Interested in perspectives on this - a great deal of expertise with many of you....
    I am on holidays in New Zealand now Mark!
    I will talk to you or Tommy in 7 day to explain how i gave the ski 25% more fresh SAFE air into the hull.
    And therr are heaps more we can still do

Waz

Has anyone measured the delta temp between engine compartment air and outside ambient air? In other words, how hotter is the air in the engine compartment comparing to outside air when engine running is at normal operating temp?

More importantly, I'm curious to know what problem has been actually seen because of this, and what benefit has been actually proved by reducing the air temp in the engine compartment?

+1
    Over here in the snow Waz?
    Rob

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    yep queenstown right now

Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    Has anyone measured the delta temp between engine compartment air and outside ambient air? In other words, how hotter is the air in the engine compartment comparing to outside air when engine running is at normal operating temp?

More importantly, I'm curious to know what problem has been actually seen because of this, and what benefit has been actually proved by reducing the air temp in the engine compartment?
    not saying that there is an issue or a problem - rather, I continue to focus on modifications that will help the craft but not impact reliability (my engine remains 100% stock minus RIVA exhaust). This specific questions is about getting her running a little cooler and breathing better for extended wide open throttle / WOT runs for a minimum of one hour.

Mark Hahn 300 mile race is coming and it will be here before we know it. We will be holding the 300X wide open for a minimum of 4 hours..... this will be a great test of the craft as most of the craft in the race will have between 30 and 50 hours on them, not 100% brand new like last year's race.

Again, a lot of expertise here - looking for multiple perspectives and ideas - a little brainstorming..

+1
    Brainstorming- good idea. What do you think of this idea for an air mod?

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ont-vent-tubes

Ps: we already know what Waz thinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Brainstorming- good idea. What do you think of this idea for an air mod?

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ont-vent-tubes

Ps: we already know what Waz thinks!
    Vman - just looked at the pictures. Interesting, what are you trying to achieve with this mod - is it (this mod) more about avoiding water intrusion?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information