Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

want a better jacket and shorts..

dont want to hijack otoss thread..so starting another...

..because my ski is getting up there..in the speed...i have been doing a little research ..on life vests...i believe in good saftey gear .but it has to be user friendly ..and not look stupid or be uncomfotable or you wont wear it..and it does nothing for you at home on the shelf or in the car....

wish they made jackets like a chest protector for motocross..just with a flotation device built in under..

wanting to move up...to possibly some better more comfortable stuff..when i first got the ski i just got a couple of the good walmart ones..it is ok but ..think it is time to upgrade..face it a jet ski isnt the same as a pleasure boat..especially one going 80 or 90 the safety gear shouldn't be either...

i cased a wave once and got slammed into the bars....and almost got taken out buy a bird at 80 once..and you never know what is lurking under the water when you get tossed......

i like the back protector in the dainese...over the jet pilot stuff..but OMG expensive..racing i see the need ...i wear a dainese back protector on my motorcycles..if my life vest had a pocket i would slide it in ..

like the looks of some of the jet pilot stuff..similar to the dainese..any opinions ..side entry advantage..??

also interested in the slippery jacket that doubles as a pfd for the winter..anyone tried them...i think they could be nice in the winter down here..

i am also interested in better shorts than the typical board shorts....ski should be able to go 90 ish soon dont want a 90mph enema..dont think the typical board short is going to help resist that much .but the ones i saw for power boats just look stupid..i have an idea but dont have the finaces to patent it or develop it..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    dont want to hijack otoss thread..so starting another...

..because my ski is getting up there..in the speed...i have been doing a little research ..on life vests...i believe in good saftey gear .but it has to be user friendly ..and not look stupid or be uncomfotable or you wont wear it..and it does nothing for you at home on the shelf or in the car....

wish they made jackets like a chest protector for motocross..just with a flotation device built in under..

wanting to move up...to possibly some better more comfortable stuff..when i first got the ski i just got a couple of the good walmart ones..it is ok but ..think it is time to upgrade..face it a jet ski isnt the same as a pleasure boat..especially one going 80 or 90 the safety gear shouldn't be either...

i cased a wave once and got slammed into the bars....and almost got taken out buy a bird at 80 once..and you never know what is lurking under the water when you get tossed......

i like the back protector in the dainese...over the jet pilot stuff..but OMG expensive..racing i see the need ...i wear a dainese back protector on my motorcycles..if my life vest had a pocket i would slide it in ..

like the looks of some of the jet pilot stuff..similar to the dainese..any opinions ..side entry advantage..??

also interested in the slippery jacket that doubles as a pfd for the winter..anyone tried them...i think they could be nice in the winter down here..

i am also interested in better shorts than the typical board shorts....ski should be able to go 90 ish soon dont want a 90mph enema..dont think the typical board short is going to help resist that much .but the ones i saw for power boats just look stupid..i have an idea but dont have the finaces to patent it or develop it..
    Just learn how to ride homey!! Jetpilot/slippery stuff here now

i know you are jut razzing me..but in all seriousness..what kind of vest do you wear..

i feel the current stuff on the market is falling short for the speeds some of us are running..the power boat stuff is just plain ugly..and not practical..

i know a test rider for riva got killed because he was running along and caught a bird in the chest..nothing to do with knowing how to ride..just bad luck..

you were in on the thread about eye protection and probably remember this...jen and i were running on the kissimmi about 80 ..and a duck like bird flew right in front of us ..could have been bad...

you were there at the hydrodrags when eddie got tossed..ended up almost naked..and messed up...

i was chasing jeramy in the kissimmi and caught his wake when i was hard in a turn ..and got spit off ..speedskixp jim came arount the corner and cut my head like a bouie..i saw his intake grate..about 2 feet from my head...i was wearing a helmet which is why he saw me..but still

i have totten tossed off my superbike at well over 100 on a few ocasions when i raced and never got seriously hurt bcause i wore the correct gear..

so i believe..and you know as well as i do crap can happen ...

i think about everyone that has been riding at a higher lever for any length of time can tell a story of an almost..

i need to get down to riva and really look at some of the better vests..i think the are just thiner and lighter...mostly...

and

+1
    Mustang makes a very good vest(rated 100 mph)....i have one,tight fit though.....Shaun Alladio is the one to talk to...check out the safety forum on here.

+1
    I wear some some goggles that look like motorcycle riding goggles now and wear them all the time since my eyes got messed up that one ride. The vest I wear is the old style slippery one (non neoprene) not very comfortable but its class 3 and I think they are rated up to 125. I saw a guy at the hydros. They guy who had the fast yami wearing a cool looking vest that had the neck protector built in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybat View Post
    Mustang makes a very good vest(rated 100 mph)....i have one,tight fit though.....Shaun Alladio is the one to talk to...check out the safety forum on here.
    +1 I have a Mustang with a collar on it. They do fit tight but I've actually learned to like it. The collar is nothing like a true race collar but does help support your neck some. My neck is not sore or tired after a long ride anymore. Most often I wear a "shortie" wet suit but if it is hot I still wear neoprene shorts for the anti-enema factor. Wrap around tinted safety glasses with a strap for eye protection unless it's really nasty weather, then motorcycle goggles.

+1
    1+ on the Mustang. Also Lifeline makes Ballistic shorts.

http://www.lifelinejackets.com/protective_wear.cfm

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    I use slippery vests for me and my girlfriend!They are side entry neoprene vests.I am happy with them even when I ride on wavy sea!

most of the ones i see you would look just fine on a deep sea fishing vessel..but would be laughed right off the beach..i am sure they do there job...but face it..if it is that silly looking people wont wear them..i ish there was somethig better than boaters stuff..but not stupid looking like the ones i see above..i have a client right now that already owns a clothing company..i may talk to him..

asphalt, dirt, and water are my playgrounds. ViperRy's Avatar
    Force 6 life jacket. Great protection and its tacticool

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information