Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Wear Rings in 1200r

From what I have read there is a plastic wear ring insert (thanks RX951).

Are there any other choices ?

I have always been a Skat-Trak fan and saw where there was a SS version for sale a while back (cant seem to find now).

+1
    Carl at Long Island Racing sells the Plastic Replacement Wear rings and housings with the liners already in them as well.
    Send him your housing and he will machine out the old one and press in the new one. When it wears out, cut it out and press a new one in.

The OEM one works fine too.

+1
    Skat Trak will re-line your OEM wear ring with a .100 thick sst liner $250

Riva sells a solid sst wear ring $320 http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...20Wear%20Rings

I also understand the newer Yami wear rings came with a thicker liner I am not sure of the year this changed, New they are $210 from boats.net

+1
    I know of 2-3 "good-to-new" OEM liners if you need one.

120.00 shipped

I'm working with a machinest/friend of mine to make some of my longer lasting closer tolerance PVC liners available to forum members.I'll let you know as soon as they become available.They come too tight.you have to spray WD 40 all over the liner,pull the spark plugs out and let it cut itself in.I ran a nu-jet empellor which is a (slightly smaller diameter than a solas)for a year and a half and when I switched to a solas(slightly larger than the Nu-jet) the liner had so little wear I had to spray it with WD forty and let the solas re-cut itself in.To achieve peak pump efficiency you must have close tolerence between the empellor and liner so the PVC liners work great and they last forever too as long as you keep them out of sand and rocks un like the cheezy sea-doo soft rubber crap liners!Let me know if theres any interest and I 'll try to get my machinest/friend inspired

+1
    I'm interested in trying one. Do I need to send him a housing ? I have an extra one too for fitment.

What I also like about the plastic liners is that, once you pitch up a dynafly and machine the OD, thats it, if you go down in pitch for whatever reason, there will be larger clearance.

With a plastic liner, the Impeller is untouched. The Liner is the sacraficial material. And if you ever sell the impeller down the road, it will still retain all its material if one decides to go back to a base 14/20, and it can be sold as a 14/20.
    Last edited by RX951; 12-22-2006 at 12:48 PM.

+1
    I would be interested in the PVC liner also.

+1
    I have never had any luck with the plastic liners. I literally get one day of them and get severe burn marks and delamination every single time. And I do not engage in off the line WOT runs - always from a roll. They just don't seem to hold up beyond a certain level of power.

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    I have never had any luck with the plastic liners. I literally get one day of them and get severe burn marks and delamination every single time. And I do not engage in off the line WOT runs - always from a roll. They just don't seem to hold up beyond a certain level of power.
    Thats because the plastic liners suck.There way too soft.I ran the PVC liner 1 1/2 year,and when switching from a Nu-Jet to a Solas,There was so little wear I still had to let the Solas cut itself in .These PVC liners ROCK!

Billy,I have enough cores for him already for now.If he decides to get on with it it will be on an exchange basis or 75.00 core charge.I'll let you know Bro!

+1
    I have to say the only reason I didnt go with the plastic (Carl's) is the exeperience I had with the Sea-Doo ones (replace every 10 hours).

I would be interested what do I need to do ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information