gp1300 stuck at 5000 rpm

Hi guys,It has been forever since I've posted. Riva in Key Largo had my ski for about 3 months with the ending result, "we dont know how to fix it". I took the ski to them initially because the ski would not go WOT. They checked the heads, said my compression is awesome. The ski starts right up. So long story shory, I take it to a friend who works on skis, he notices in one second that my powervalve is not resetting after ignition shutting down. He determines the servo motor assm. is getting power but not working. Bought a used part as new ones are not in stock anywhere, installed, works! Problem is, the ski doesnt accelerate very fast, and hangs at 5000 rpm. which is like 3/4 throttle position. If i hold it to 3000 rpm and punch it, it will go slightly over 5000 then slow down by itself, almost as if there is a govenor or something? If I try to go WOT, it just bogs (doesnt shut down, but stops moving!)The ski has the RIVA EFI. My friend told me he removed the EFI and the ski would not run at all and that the ski should run without the EFI. He thinks the computer or the harness might be the cause? The harness does look rigged.All the sensors were removed from this ski as well.Before I part out this ski, I want to give it one last shot at redemption. Has anyone had an experience like this and can offer any suggestions to fix?thanks for your help and knowledge!

+1
    It sounds like you got an advent ignition in it and a fuel controller. pull the electrical box open to see if you have the advent ignition if so put the stock ignition in it and unplug the fuel control and plug the harness back. then ride it and see if it makes a difference. if it has flame arrestors you will need the fuel control if this is the problem. we had one do something similar.
    Hope this helps

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mudslanger View Post
    It sounds like you got an advent ignition in it and a fuel controller. pull the electrical box open to see if you have the advent ignition if so put the stock ignition in it and unplug the fuel control and plug the harness back. then ride it and see if it makes a difference. if it has flame arrestors you will need the fuel control if this is the problem. we had one do something similar.
    Hope this helps
    Its an EFI ski, you cant use an Advent.......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Its an EFI ski, you cant use an Advent.......
    I guess it was a stock ignition control.

if you got access to another ignition try swapping them out and disconnecting the fuel control.

Check compression in cylinders, mine did the EXACT SAME THING, SAME SYPTOMS, had to have back cylinder and top end done, in shop now as a matter of fact

Quote Originally Posted by mudslanger View Post
    Hope this helps
    When I took the ski to Riva initially, it had no airfilter. They told me to install a flame arrestor... I did. I asked them if that could be the cause of the problem, they told me in no way would a flame arrestor effect the performance. I'm wondering if i should take it off and run the ski?

Quote Originally Posted by HYNES View Post
    Check compression in cylinders, mine did the EXACT SAME THING, SAME SYPTOMS, had to have back cylinder and top end done, in shop now as a matter of fact
    The guys at riva said my compression is great? Did you get your ski back? if so, did it fix the issue?

Thread Information