Thread: HELP!!

HELP!!

Hi again if you have time really need some advice. We have this 97 1100 venture that I have it running great, we put it inn water and under load overheated. We pulled exhaust apart and found a blockage at the end of exhaust cooling jacket where it blows out into rubber hose before it goes into rear compartment and out the rear. We also found bad seal between inner and outer exhaust wed/dry. We replaced seal and cleared blockage but we are still overheating and it is only on the elbow of exhaust pipe where thermo sensor is. Rest of exhaust and engine head running 125 - 130 degrees F. Question is there was a tiny bit of stuff left in the end of elbow and is there a passage from the lower portion up around the thermo sensor, it doesnt appear so but only solution i could think. Also if anyone has a cooling shcematic of this unit it would answer all q's I tried searching web to no avail. Thanks for your help.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianlowe View Post
    Hi again if you have time really need some advice. We have this 97 1100 venture that I have it running great, we put it inn water and under load overheated. We pulled exhaust apart and found a blockage at the end of exhaust cooling jacket where it blows out into rubber hose before it goes into rear compartment and out the rear. We also found bad seal between inner and outer exhaust wed/dry. We replaced seal and cleared blockage but we are still overheating and it is only on the elbow of exhaust pipe where thermo sensor is. Rest of exhaust and engine head running 125 - 130 degrees F. Question is there was a tiny bit of stuff left in the end of elbow and is there a passage from the lower portion up around the thermo sensor, it doesnt appear so but only solution i could think. Also if anyone has a cooling shcematic of this unit it would answer all q's I tried searching web to no avail. Thanks for your help.
    It could be your exhaust manifold passages are clogged.

Thread Information