+1

2010 RXTX water in hull

After each ride I have 1-2 galons of water in the hull. I've tried sealing the back panels but still has water. I notice at speeds under 35 water does catch the back of the rub rail and forces water up on the back of the ski. I'm thinking about trimming the rub rail down and see if this helps the problem. Anyone else have a fix for this?

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    my brother in law has a 2010 rxt and has the same problem. the rear accses covers warp from the sun and he ends up with tons of water in his hull.

he went to the hardware store and picked up some adhesive weather stripping and layed a few strips to help block some of the water.

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Have your pump fittings looked at. I had a small problem with that, but no where near to 1+gallons. I had a few ounces, but riding in the salt showed spray everywhere (obviously there was a pressurized mist). The left side of my pump, where all the fittings are, had to basically be redone.

+1
    There are several issues here:

1. You have 2 bailer tubes that remove the water while moving. Are they connected properly or clogged up with junk? There should be almost NO water immediately after a ride.
    2. The two panels left and right of the pump area are known to leak if the bolts have been removed and overtightened splitting the rubber seals.
    3. Another great example of why a bilge pump is so important on a pwc. Get one that has AUTO and Manual ON settings, the AUTO on setting will let you know of a problem while just setting in the water. If your ski takes a piss every now and then, you know it is leaking somewhere. Place the bilge exit up high enough to see while the ski is just sitting in the water. The OEM location in the back of the ski is not going to give you any warning of a problem!
    4. Sources to check are: sponsons bolts, left/right panels in pump area, carbon seal.

IMO you have something else going on beside the top access panels. The water should be evacuated with the bailing system. I'd start there first!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post

1. You have 2 bailer tubes that remove the water while moving. Are they connected properly or clogged up with junk? There should be almost NO water immediately after a ride.
    2. The two panels left and right of the pump area are known to leak if the bolts have been removed and overtightened splitting the rubber seals.
    3. Another great example of why a bilge pump is so important on a pwc. Get one that has AUTO and Manual ON settings, the AUTO on setting will let you know of a problem while just setting in the water. If your ski takes a piss every now and then, you know it is leaking somewhere. Place the bilge exit up high enough to see while the ski is just sitting in the water. The OEM location in the back of the ski is not going to give you any warning of a problem!
    4. Sources to check are: sponsons bolts, left/right panels in pump area, carbon seal.

IMO you have something else going on beside the top access panels. The water should be evacuated with the bailing system. I'd start there first!
    +1

If the bailer tubes are the same as on the older skis, the yellow 90s have a tiny little vent hole in the plastic. If these are low in the hull, they could piss water into the ski. If theyre low, just take a zip tie and hold them up.

+1

+1

+1

Dealer did replace my carbon seal. Now I guess I need to look for these bailer tubes.......

+1
    Where exactly are the bailer tubes? I should also tighten sponson bolts?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post
    Where exactly are the bailer tubes? I should also tighten sponson bolts?
    1. Look at the drain plugs at the rear of ski and INSIDE you should see a check valve connected to a clear rubber hose. Follow it, make sure all is connected and not plugged up. The 2 tubes should be zip tied to the top of the exhaust hose - very important that they stay elevated high.
    2. Raise the iBR gate - Owners Manual - IBR Override Procedure
    3. Look at the bottom of the venturi - should see 2 clear rubber hoses attached coming from the left side of iBR motor assembly.
    This is how the water is siphoned out of the ski - creates a low pressure area.

If you want to find your leak your gonna have to check every source of how water could be getting into the ski! Sponson bolts, left and right pump area fittings, carbon seal, etc.

+1
    1. Look at the drain plugs at the rear of ski and INSIDE you should see a check valve connected to a clear rubber hose. Follow it, make sure all is connected and not plugged up. The 2 tubes should be zip tied to the top of the exhaust hose - very important that they stay elevated high.
    2. Raise the iBR gate - Owners Manual - IBR Override Procedure
    3. Look at the bottom of the venturi - should see 2 clear rubber hoses attached coming from the left side of iBR motor assembly.
    This is how the water is siphoned out of the ski - creates a low pressure area.

If you want to find your leak your gonna have to check every source of how water could be getting into the ski! Sponson bolts, left and right pump area fittings, carbon seal, etc.

Very helpful info. Thank you!!!

Thread Information