Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

xp-s lube or wd-40???

Can I use wd 40 in place of the xp-s lube for the time being until I receive my xp-s lube? I have not shot it yet with anything and I am getting a little worried... don't want to her.... Only have 30 hours on the machine!

+1
    You can use both but xps lube works best spray that wd40 wont hurt crap

I avoid the WD-40.

If anything, I would recommend 100% pure Silicone spray.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by o uncola o View Post
    I avoid the WD-40.

If anything, I would recommend 100% pure Silicone spray.
    +1 for Silicone spray! ....WD 40 evaporates away very quickly.

Cheers

+1
    cheap fogging oil works to.

Quote Originally Posted by gdavis View Post
    Can I use wd 40 in place of the xp-s lube for the time being until I receive my xp-s lube? I have not shot it yet with anything and I am getting a little worried... don't want to her.... Only have 30 hours on the machine!
    I ride in salt water and here is my opinion. WD40 will damage all your rubber stuff inside your engine, further more if your ride in salt water WD40 is a product you should avoid, it contains white spirit so it will instantly dry out the salt in your enigne plus it will "dry out" all your rubber staff. I am into model gas boats as well and have used numerous products.... xps lube is by far the best i have used. You can spray directly at every part of your engine even if there is salt on it. WD 40 is a great product but only for metal parts. And imagine that here in Greece i have to pay about 30$ for every bottle of xps lube! (dealers here don't only know nothing about seadoo pwc but they want to get rich fast!!) i want change it with nothing. JMO

I do not ride in salt water...and would only use the wd-40 one time before I get the xp-s lube.... so was wondering if it would hurt to shoot it just one time... how often and for how long should you spray the xp-s lube into the motor.... also wondering what type of oil to to use on this rxp... it is a 2006 rxp supercharged intercooled... it only has 32 hours on it so pretty much brand new.... the oil has never been changed and no other modifications have been done to this ski either. just wondering what type oil and how many qts. thanks for the help

Fluidfilm. /thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gdavis View Post
    I do not ride in salt water...and would only use the wd-40 one time before I get the xp-s lube.... so was wondering if it would hurt to shoot it just one time... how often and for how long should you spray the xp-s lube into the motor.... also wondering what type of oil to to use on this rxp... it is a 2006 rxp supercharged intercooled... it only has 32 hours on it so pretty much brand new.... the oil has never been changed and no other modifications have been done to this ski either. just wondering what type oil and how many qts. thanks for the help
    Since you dont use your ski in salt water just spray before you ride and i dont believe everytime is the way to go. Because i ride in salt water i spray my engine before and after every ride. Again about oil i use Seadoo oil. If your oil level is ok you add as much as you extract. More or less about 3 litres. It will not hurt to use WD 40 for a couple of times just avoid rubber stuff as much as possible.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sigma rxt View Post
    I ride in salt water and here is my opinion. WD40 will damage all your rubber stuff inside your engine, further more if your ride in salt water WD40 is a product you should avoid, it contains white spirit so it will instantly dry out the salt in your enigne plus it will "dry out" all your rubber staff. I am into model gas boats as well and have used numerous products.... xps lube is by far the best i have used. You can spray directly at every part of your engine even if there is salt on it. WD 40 is a great product but only for metal parts. And imagine that here in Greece i have to pay about 30$ for every bottle of xps lube! (dealers here don't only know nothing about seadoo pwc but they want to get rich fast!!) i want change it with nothing. JMO
    agreed - after all WD stands for water displacement

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information