Cool Help !!! 2001 Pro 1200 won't move!!!!

Hey Guys,

Borrowed my brother my pro 1200 and appartenty he was riding around and the machine stopped moving. They towed it back and and loaded it on the trailer and brought it back to me broken nice brother. he told me that there was a vibration when it happen. So I looked over the machine, nothing looks out of place. Impeller spins. took it out the the boat lauch today and fired it up. engine revs up but machine doesn't move. Some water looks like it is getting pushed out. I didn't feel any vibrations. If some one can give me an idea where to start off that would be great. never have tooken apart the part of my machine, so this will be a new experence

Thanks in advance

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Engine coupler, drive shaft splnes, impeller splines, stub shaft in pump.

Any 1 of the 4

+1
    pull the pump and make sure theres nothing stuck in the impeller

+1
    Needs a Left handed smoke shifter. No just Kidding check the Engine coupler, drive shaft splnes, impeller splines, stub shaft in pump. like xlint89 & Lugs say.
    I have seen 1 PTO end break before but just one it would still spin out of the water but under load NO WAY.

Hey Thanks for all the advice.

Finially got a chance to get the ski on my stand and tear it apart So Got all 4 bolts out pretty easy I was watching some video's on u tube that one of the members had posted. I kind of got worried about corrison but my pump pretty much fell apart when i took the bolts out. impeller and stator look in good shape. I little war mark on stator that i will clean up before i put it back together. wear rings looks in great shape. I will check clearance tomorrow but it looks good. bearings on stub shaft feel great. I think I am going to order a new impeller with a little different pitch? any suggestions???? So when I pulled my pump out the drive shaft stayed in the boat. went to go spin it and it there the problem If the shaft is in all the way the splines slip like crazy. if I pull it out a bit it bites. The was a copper looking debris on the end of my drive shaft. so I am pretty sure the engine coupler is the problem i really thought worst case. impeller stator ...... $$$$$$

Couple of questions???

1. the center shaft bearings just after the engine coupler? are those bearings or oiled style. should they spin or just carries the shaft and lubicates as the shaft spins? can you buy it as on peice or does it come apart.

2. How the hell do I get the engine coupler OFF

3. Can I replace my impeller and use my old wear ring? I feel like a noob here , but am smart enough to ask questions when I don't know?

4 Since My bearings feel good on the impeller and stud shaft/ stator.... Am I stupid to leave them or just do the whole thing. Boat only has 38 true hours.
    Thanks again for everyone that replied you guys are great and most times life savers

+1
    i have a brand new coupler for 85.00 shipped if you need one
    i would leave the prop alone there pretty dam good in those ski's and if you do get a different one you can reuse your old spacer .the center bearing takes grease not oil and does not spin there just brass bushings in there

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    01 pro1200 had the good 707 prop,i'd keep it.pull the driveshaft.the pros had a concave end at the coupler and would wear out without grease.really check the driveshaft end splines.

Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    01 pro1200 had the good 707 prop,i'd keep it.pull the driveshaft.the pros had a concave end at the coupler and would wear out without grease.really check the driveshaft end splines.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drive system.gif 
Views:	89 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	251814

Does anyone know if I can buy the seal that is on the end of the drive shaft (impeller side) it is crack and letting water in to the impeller alittle. Looked at my drive shaft splines closer like txpro1200 said. drive shaft is toast. if i buy a new drive shaft will it come with that seal. also was talking to lugs. there is soild engine couplers and rubber. I was reading my service manual it looks like the rubber couplers did not have grease nipples and the solid ones did ? is this correct ?? my machine does not have a grease nipple on it. Am I better going with a solid one or rubber?? The part picture show that there is a cover for the engine coupler which my pro 785 had but this one doesn't????

Thanks again in advance.

Kevin

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    not sure if theres room for a rubber coupler in there.the impeller seals should be available,the cover for the pro's is disc.the seal is listed in the pump section.

so i have looking at my machine again last night. when I pulled the shaft out there was no little rubber stoper on the coupler side. just figured it sayed in the coupler. coupler looks okay. if I slide the shaft in the coupler with no rubber stopper, the shaft slips like crazy in the coupler. if i put a rubber stopper in there the shaft locks to the splines. is it possible that the rubber stopper was missing or worn out????

Thread Information