Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Talking 2009 fzs oil catch can ,by me lol..

I have been looking for a fix for the breather for months , the Riva breather up grade kit , has no vacuum leaving the possibility for sludge to form on the cams chain ect ,Jetdraft also has one for about 140 bucks ouch but has no vaccum breather and oil catc...bought this "can" off Ebay for 40 bucks drilled two 1" inch holes and bolted it to the oem airbox mount ,I also used 3/4" elbow to make the turn into the intake ,results less vacuum from my modified system so it does not draw all the oil off my cams at high boost levels , no none combustible gases or oil , and Im not 100% sure but exaust seems louder or stronger than before and more throttle response,, no oily sc wheel adding weight to the clutch and performance.....

UPDATE: the catch can has been scratched, the motor already has a catch can on it ,it is located next to the rectifier, there was is no oil in the can, also the can it self was very hot possibly dumping hot air into the super- , so this box that I thought was a oil cooler is actually a catch can , oil cooler , emission reducer. It is very hard to see where the oil is being routed , the service manual is showing the hose coming out, so catch can scraped and the filter from the catch can will added, just like the riva ,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oilcat1.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	250592Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oilcat3.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	250591Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oilcat4.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	250590Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oilcat2.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	250589

update

ok thanks for all the help, this is a gravity type catch can , I used a oil water separator to catch the oil , the oil oil is un able to make the vertical climb back up into the air filter , there for ending up trapped in the separator , " tested the filter with brake cleaner the kind that's not supposed to harm plastics ,that's why its white"

Last edited by mckma; 10-30-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Nice. Good, clean install. Keep us posted on how it does.

+1
    dude thanks ,, whats is t/p sealed and i see your getting 78.5 from your setup what was your biggest performance gain

Quote Originally Posted by XLT Chad View Post
    Nice. Good, clean install. Keep us posted on how it does.

+1
    Id say the reflash made the biggest difference. I'm going to have some work to do on the pump/ prop setup. I'm also working on getting Jfizzles intercooler here soon.

I used casting resin to fill the voids in the transom plate and intake grate. Its a much cleaner and reliable fill compaired to using the plugs.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Id say the reflash made the biggest difference. I'm going to have some work to do on the pump/ prop setup. I'm also working on getting Jfizzles intercooler here soon.

I used casting resin to fill the voids in the transom plate and intake grate. Its a much cleaner and reliable fill compaired to using the plugs.
    Amen to the reflash! But then you add the boost and it totally changes again. Chad, how much boost does your ET make?

In regards to the catch can. I have been devising a can myself. Now is it better to run a can with a breather on it? Or just put the can in between the intake and engine without the breather?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Amen to the reflash! But then you add the boost and it totally changes again. Chad, how much boost does your ET make?
    I think its 14lbs. I haven't had a gauge on it so I'm just going off the advertised amount. I will say though, I love the ET/R3 combo.

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    I think its 14lbs. I haven't had a gauge on it so I'm just going off the advertised amount. I will say though, I love the ET/R3 combo.
    My ET LB/R3 makes a little over 13lbs at 8500 with the Riva IC (however in 94 degree heat with 70-80% humidity), so my guess is you are seeing less with the stock IC and lower RPM. I think once you get your prop dialed in and the bigger IC, you should easily see 82-84mph.

Catch can looks good!

+1
    Sweet!

+1
    Looks good, but there's not going to be any vacuum unless there's a check valve on the breather cap.

Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    Looks good, but there's not going to be any vacuum unless there's a check valve on the breather cap.
    Ditto.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information