Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

time to rock out

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0011.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	250618Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0012.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	250617Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0009.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	250615Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0010.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	250620Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0007.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	250616Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0008.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	250619 best money spent so far on the ski.its a soggydog audio system with a JL Audio up grade that lets me hear everything up to 70mph

+1
    nice

very nice setup.

curious to know where you grounded it and if you used the amp wire which I see is connected and where its connected to?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMonster View Post
    very nice setup.

curious to know where you grounded it and if you used the amp wire which I see is connected and where its connected to?
    +1 where did you wire the ground and amp remote wire

very nice setup.

+1 where did you wire the ground and amp remote wire

+1
    The amp remote wire usually is done through the purple wire coming from the gauge cluster. It turns the amp on and off with the key. The power and ground go straight to the battery.

I grounded the amp to the negative terminal on the battery.for the remote wire there was two different places that i could come up with 1. Would be the purple aux wire that came out from the cluster 2. Put a switch on the line and hook it up to the battery. I chose to put a switch on the remote wire so i could listen to it with the ski off.one of my pics shows the switch inside the glove box.with the switch i use that to turn the amp on and off

wouldnt running the negative and power straight to the battery regardless of the remote turn on wire draw power while the ski is off?

I thought you could just run a wire from the positive terminal on the battery to a switch and a wire from the switch to the power on the amp cutting off the power whenever you want to prevent battery drain

wouldnt running the negative and power straight to the battery regardless of the remote turn on wire draw power while the ski is off?

I thought you could just run a wire from the positive terminal on the battery to a switch and a wire from the switch to the power on the amp cutting off the power whenever you want to prevent battery drain
    no,running the positive and negative direct to the battery will not drain the battery when the system is off as long as there is a switch on the remote wire. the remote wire is what tells the amp to turn on and off. thats why in cars the remote is hooked up to the headunit so that the amp will only turn on if the headunit is on,thus not draining power.(thats why there is no switch anywhere in a car system) you can put the switch on the power wire like you were saying but i wouldnt,i would just put the fuse on the power wire, and the switch on the remote.now if you dont want to mess with a switch and have it set up like a regular system hook the remote wire up to the purple aux wire,this way the only time the amp comes on is when the key is in just like in a car.only problem with that is you will only be able to listen to music with the ski on.thats why i went with a switch

thanks for the info

how do you have the switch wired to the remote?

Also do you have the inline fuse on the switch or on the power wire going from the amp to battery?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information