00 GP1200r Mid shaft bearing

Took out mid shaft because my solas prop is wobbling against wear ring both are new and both fit perfect together only hits together on idle you can hear it.Checked mid shaft and theres a little play in bearing and you can see rubber collar in housing moving apart from each other... ? is does the bearing suppost to have some play in it because i bought a used one with 42 hrs on it "stated" could be a lie,but it has same play in bearing but turns smoother and collar is tight to housing...Should i install it or take to dealership and have new bearing installed...checked prop,shaft,and prop bearings all are straight and tight..Thanks for viewing

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mvpxspeedy View Post
    Took out mid shaft because my solas prop is wobbling against wear ring both are new and both fit perfect together only hits together on idle you can hear it.Checked mid shaft and theres a little play in bearing and you can see rubber collar in housing moving apart from each other... ? is does the bearing suppost to have some play in it because i bought a used one with 42 hrs on it "stated" could be a lie,but it has same play in bearing but turns smoother and collar is tight to housing...Should i install it or take to dealership and have new bearing installed...checked prop,shaft,and prop bearings all are straight and tight..Thanks for viewing

Hey! welcome to the forum.

All of this could be true. Before you give up on the mid shaft, have you considered that perhaps your engine and pump could be misaligned? This is a very common thing. There is a relatively simple way to realign them. Go to the frequently asked and How to section of this forum and look up "WFO's engine alignment post??"

Read up on how it is done, do it, and see if your problem goes away. Remember that you own an 11 year old unit that was on the market for about 8 years in various forms. Most of the important questions such as yours have been asked and answered on this forum about this boat. There are very few secrets left. My point: do some research on your issue. You really will be surprised what you read... good sound info.

Another symptom besides the ones you described of a misaligned engine is that the vibration transfers some of its energy to the handle bars and the throttle. At the end of a long ride, your throttle hand and finger are fatigued. You can feel the vibration as you are idleing.

good luck!

For others info...Fixed prob. it had bad motor mounts causing shaft to vibrate.

Thread Information