Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Visibility Spout Question

Hi,

I have a 05 FX HO. The visibility spout only dispenses water at about my shoulder leve. My other Yamahas the spout was much, much higher. It does not overheat. Should I be concerned? Is there a way to make it shoot up higher? Thanks, Curt

+1
    The hose is probably clogged. It has nothing to do with your cooling. Just peak back at the top of the pump and you will see the black hose for the spout. Remove the two hose clamps and inspect the hose/ replace as needed.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Most people cap them off or just disconnect it (we call it gay spray)....................

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    Most people cap them off or just disconnect it (we call it gay spray)....................
    I also call it gay spray but I didn't cap it off. I simply added a 1/2" ball valve to turn it off while pulling a tube or wakeboard. (a trick I learned here on Green Hulk) I always turn it back on after I am finished towing. In my little corner of the world it is considered cool to have a Yamaha & the gay spray is the give away. Plus I don't want to end up in the prop wash of a house boat or cabin cruiser.

Around my area, most folks don't block them off for the very reason kyvxr says--- better to be seen than worry about the possibility of someone you don't know making fun of you because you left it on. (one of the joys of getting older is not worrying about what others think!!)

Thanks guys, I ride sometimes in high traffic areas and want to be seen. Thanks kyvxr for the tip. It sounds like a great idea.

You can get the ball valve at Lowes or Home Depot--- you can use one of the PVC ball valve and get nylon screw on hose barbs to connect the hose to the valve--- just take your hose with you to get the right size barbs.
    Then reinstall the hose and then cut out a section of it close to the pump the same length as the length of the ball valve and insert the ball valve and your done (be sure to use hose clamps)
    Ball valve, hose barbs and clamps run you under $10

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    If you think a small spray of water is going to make a difference as to being seen......If they cannot see an 11 ft ski going across the lake, what makes you think they are going to see a small spray of water......to each his own......I ride with a some folks and MOST of the time they dont appreciate being sprayed with water.......its more of an annoyance than anything......I couldnt give 2 s&*ts what anybody thinks.....

Gainesville, Ga.. Lake Lanier ....... 2006 FXHO Cruiser
    If you think a small spray of water is going to make a difference as to being seen............I ride with a some folks and MOST of the time they dont appreciate being sprayed with water[/B:
    Ride in the front....if you can

Bill

guess it depends on how and where you ride... 11 of us rode just over 400 miles of the Tennessee River over 3 days last week---we had 3 Yamahas and the rest Sea Doos---you could see the Yamahas coming at you from more than 3/4 of a mile away because of the spray and couldn't see the Sea Doo beside it yet--especially in the early morning or when it rained. Going away from you or going across your line of vision, it didn't make as much of difference like it did coming at you. I personally want that extra visability so boats I'm aproaching see me as early as possible.
    I also don't let anyone ride close enough behind me to get sprayed by the spray so I've never had anyone complain about it--but we do mainly touring rides.
    Installing the shutoff valve for about $10 gives you the best of both worlds...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information