Riding Partners Lake Ontario (Wilson), Lake Erie(North Tonawanda) , Niagara River

Just purchased a 2008 RXT-X 255 looking for riding partners and destinations and trips in theses areas! Lake Ontario (Wilson), Lake Erie(North Tonawanda) , Niagara River.

+1
    I am always down for a ride! Give me a call or text at 716-208-7290 and we can hook up!

+1
    Me and jetpilot have had some fun runs from Ghetto Beach around Grand Island recently, let us know when you want to go and we can all meet up.

Going around grand island - do you ever get hassled by the Canadian's? I have heard horror stories about going into their waters by boat , but nothing on jet ski's. Bad enough you can get pulled over 3 times in a day ion the river as it is.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildog9999 View Post
    Going around grand island - do you ever get hassled by the Canadian's? I have heard horror stories about going into their waters by boat , but nothing on jet ski's. Bad enough you can get pulled over 3 times in a day ion the river as it is.
    It's weird, sometimes you can get hassled several times a year and sometimes you never get hassled at all. There are a couple things you can do to help things out. You can approach the Coast Guard or Sheriff Patrol and ask them for a curtious safety check and they will inspect your onboard equipment and let you know if you need anything and if you are not up to code, because you asked for them to perform the check, you will not receive a ticket. If you pass the check, you will receive a sticker that you can stick on your ski and it will show the authorities that you have had a safety check performed in the past and most times they will leave you alone. I don't get hasseled at all because I work for the Sheriff's department and most of them know my orange ski well so they don't bother me or the group I am riding with.

As far as the Canadian law enforcement agencies, they tend to target US boats as they have different required equipment laws and also they look for drinking and boating offenses in foreign waters.

I was not sure they would issue a sticker to a PWC. I get all of the stickers every year on the boat, and sometimes it takes a while to find all of the agencies! Glad to hear again that they are offering us the same opportunity to prove that we are conscious and safe riders, and not just some teenager with a ski and a dock line. Last year, a friend of mine bought a brand new 2011 GTX (She is in her late 40's) and got pulled over THREE times in a single day. Twice by the Coast Guard and once by the Erie County Sheriff's office. She passed the inspections all three times, and even asked the Coast Guard on the third stop what the hell was going on? They told her that the ski she was riding matched the description of one stolen the day prior... lol.. all the luck in the world! I was out all year last year and passed the CG and SD several times, gave them a wave hello, and was never bothered. I think that they are targeting for stolen's and the people who are just acting too far above and beyond.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildog9999 View Post
    I was not sure they would issue a sticker to a PWC. I get all of the stickers every year on the boat, and sometimes it takes a while to find all of the agencies! Glad to hear again that they are offering us the same opportunity to prove that we are conscious and safe riders, and not just some teenager with a ski and a dock line. Last year, a friend of mine bought a brand new 2011 GTX (She is in her late 40's) and got pulled over THREE times in a single day. Twice by the Coast Guard and once by the Erie County Sheriff's office. She passed the inspections all three times, and even asked the Coast Guard on the third stop what the hell was going on? They told her that the ski she was riding matched the description of one stolen the day prior... lol.. all the luck in the world! I was out all year last year and passed the CG and SD several times, gave them a wave hello, and was never bothered. I think that they are targeting for stolen's and the people who are just acting too far above and beyond.
    Usually if they are pulling skiers over it is for unsafe riding or if they are looking for something specific ie: stolen vehicles, intoxication etc. They do the random registration and insurance checks as well as the boaters course certificate. It helps to have the sticker on the ski so when they are doing the randoms, they tend to skip over the crafts with their safety check stickers already on them. But like anything, if they see something wrong with the reg, that leads to to insurance and boaters course checks, then onto equipment checks etc because if someone is not smart enough to have their reg up to speed, then who knows what else they will find. We do the same thing on the road patrol. Alot of the time, most randoms are people we pull over for expired registration and usually leads to uninsured motorists and sometimes it leads to warrants already in place. So a word to the wise, if you are doing things illegally, at least put some shade on it lol.

Thread Information