Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    TheEngineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    934
    +1
    131

    OPAS block offs & other handling mods RXT

    Are the new Fizzle OPAS block offs strictly for the RXP? Will there be an RXT 215 compatible set?

    I'm looking to make a some handling mods to my 2008 RXT, specifically to improve performance in offshore chop conditions before my next major trip. I'd like to prevent the ski from coming unhooked as much as possible and keep it stable for when it does leave the water.

    Any recommendations? Recommended Intake Grate? Remember, speed isn't my priority, it's mainly chop handling.

    Thanks!


  2. #2
    98gsxl951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my ski, on the CT river
    Posts
    879
    +1
    3
    dont get the block offs get the extensions, i know on my x it made a big difference with purposing.

  3. #3
    Lock and Load tron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAX, WI
    Posts
    259
    +1
    1
    I believe "TheEngineer" is referring to the extensions, http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=352

    I was told these are for RXP and RXP-X only.

  4. #4
    Sturm215's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lakeland florida
    Posts
    1,893
    +1
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    Are the new Fizzle OPAS block offs strictly for the RXP? Will there be an RXT 215 compatible set?

    I'm looking to make a some handling mods to my 2008 RXT, specifically to improve performance in offshore chop conditions before my next major trip. I'd like to prevent the ski from coming unhooked as much as possible and keep it stable for when it does leave the water.

    Any recommendations? Recommended Intake Grate? Remember, speed isn't my priority, it's mainly chop handling.

    Thanks!
    Kev, get that worx grate for sure over any intake grate, if not that then R&D.

  5. #5
    rmk82nd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    369
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post
    Kev, get that worx grate for sure over any intake grate, if not that then R&D.
    +1

  6. #6
    NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    858
    +1
    33
    Odd, I'd only ever seen R&D recommendation for 08 rxt. In for more opinions.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lake Dunlap, Texas
    Posts
    1,600
    +1
    28
    Leave the OPAS on--Just install the Riva block-ups. Your ski will handle sooo much better. I run upper 70s and No porposing what so ever.

  8. #8
    mac_man_luke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,262
    +1
    22
    I removed my OPAS last week (and rode last weekend)

    I used just the R&D block off plates

    Best mod i ever did! ski feels so much lighter and nimble, steering is lighter etc

    I didn't really notice any loss of steering either

  9. #9
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    6,359
    +1
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by tron View Post
    I believe "TheEngineer" is referring to the extensions, http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=352

    I was told these are for RXP and RXP-X only.
    Those look exactly like the RE block offs........which I have on my RXT-X. Looks/Works great!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Riva Opas Block Off's Rxt/Rxp/Gtx/Gti
    By JohnnyGtiSe in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 06:47 PM
  2. WTB: RXT opas block offs
    By XTrider in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 08:01 PM
  3. wtb: OPAS block offs for 05 RXT either Riva pro's or RE
    By Dirty Sanchez in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 06:01 AM
  4. RXT Opas Block Offs
    By Pettee in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 09:52 PM
  5. OPAS BLOCK OFF PLATES AND OTHER ??
    By RXPNJ in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 07:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •