Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Installing Fizzle with no catch can? (For now)

Just a quick question,

I want to install the Fizzle intake kit and run it with no catch can for the rest of the season (two months if I am lucky). Is it ok to use it for that short time and do the catch can over the winter? Only reason I am asking, the stock setup has no catch can, so is it absolutely necessary??

Thanks
    A

+1
    It is needed or your breather tub e will release oil all in your hull. You could tap into the intake and apply silicone however unless you ride in salt water only I would just go ahead and buy the catch can or better yet look for the diy catch can posts and follow the instructions that's what I did and it cost only $20 something dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by rmk82nd View Post
    It is needed or your breather tub e will release oil all in your hull. You could tap into the intake and apply silicone however unless you ride in salt water only I would just go ahead and buy the catch can or better yet look for the diy catch can posts and follow the instructions that's what I did and it cost only $20 something dollars.
    why is it ok not to use a catch can in salt water?

I only run freshwater, but still am curious as to why you shouldn't in salt water??

+1
    You can use a soup can packed with napkins temporarily if u need to. I used one till my riva unit came.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey785 View Post
    why is it ok not to use a catch can in salt water?
    The oily vapor that gets recirculated in the stock configuration has a lubricating and fogging effect for the intake components. This means the supercharger, intercooler, intake, valves, combustion chamber and pistons all get a little better protection from moisture. This is even more desirable when you run in salt water to inhibit corrosion.

When you run a catch can the vapor goes into the can and not into the engine so you lose this benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by HardmanGT View Post
    The oily vapor that gets recirculated in the stock configuration has a lubricating and fogging effect for the intake components. This means the supercharger, intercooler, intake, valves, combustion chamber and pistons all get a little better protection from moisture. This is even more desirable when you run in salt water to inhibit corrosion.

When you run a catch can the vapor goes into the can and not into the engine so you lose this benefit.
    so what do i do, pipe it into the kanaflex? any place?

+1
    [QUOTE=jersey785;1783490]so what do i do, pipe it into the kanaflex? any place?[/QUO

I would get some sort of fitting from your plumbing section of a local store and apply it to the kanaflex with silicone and then attach you breather hose with a clamp. As far as where to put it go ahead and choose a spot that the breather hose can reach but I would stay around the factory area it will make it easier since the factory tube is bent towards that side.

ok thanks. this solves my dilema as to make or purchase a catch can. Neither, i'll just tap it into the kanaflex.

+1
    I would use a soup can packed with napkins as previously said until you get the catch can.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information