Thread: RRFRP question

RRFRP question

Guys i just entered the class "air-fuel mixing 101" and i have a question. Suppose i change to a bigger SC and injectors + i install an aftermarket ECU. Since the ECU will "organize" the amount of fuel needed, what is the RRFPR needed for? Maybe sounds like a stupid question but i am trying to figure out how things work...

+1
    It is needed to dial in your AFR's. You would still need it to be safe as there is no way to adjust the AFR's unless you have a BEGI. Keep it so you can be spot on with your setup...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sigma rxt View Post
    Guys i just entered the class "air-fuel mixing 101" and i have a question. Suppose i change to a bigger SC and injectors + i install an aftermarket ECU. Since the ECU will "organize" the amount of fuel needed, what is the RRFPR needed for? Maybe sounds like a stupid question but i am trying to figure out how things work...
    The ECU that you get will be mapped for a certain set of injectors. EX. Riva ecu/50lbs
    The Riva ECU will "organize"/ delivery the correct amount of fuel for a X charger or anything smaller....
    If you go to a larger charger(EX. rude 2) the map burnt on the ecu was not desinged to run that charger.
    So you will need to run a RRFPR to compensat for the added boost...

+1
    Spot on! I always recomend running a RRFPR even it is used as a FPR only. If you monitor your AFRs you will see early on how much the weather conditions affect the AFRs. Small changes in your setup will need to be compensated for as well. It's all a domino effect!!!!

So every ECU is programmed for a certain amount of fuel? meaning that it can not "read" the amount of fuel needed and therefore change the time intervals that lets fuel go through the injectors? Taking this into consideration, the RRFPR is responsible for "pushing" more fuel through injectors within the given time intervals that are preset by the ECU... Hope i passed the course...!

+1
    Somewhat.....

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Somewhat.....
    I assume it is a little bit more complex then....Does the RRFPR shows you the correct AFR you have to achieve? Could you also explain the BEGI you reffered at in you previous post? Thanks a lot in advance for your info.

+1
    The RRRFPR (Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator) allows adequate pressure to see the injector stays pressurized properly to inject the proper amount of fuel. The re-map on the ECU allows the pulse width (time injector is open as well as how often they open) for a certain lb injector to be programmed to respond to certain rpm's, manifold pressure, and engine load. The RRFPR allows you adjust the pressure supplied to the rail to adjust the amount of fuel going through the injector while it is open therefore allowing you to raise and lower your AFR's...

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    The RRRFPR (Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator) allows adequate pressure to see the injector stays pressurized properly to inject the proper amount of fuel. The re-map on the ECU allows the pulse width (time injector is open as well as how often they open) for a certain lb injector to be programmed to respond to certain rpm's, manifold pressure, and engine load. The RRFPR allows you adjust the pressure supplied to the rail to adjust the amount of fuel going through the injector while it is open therefore allowing you to raise and lower your AFR's...
    .......Thanks for the info, will continue studying..All of these sound very interesting!

Thread Information