Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Water in the hull

    Hi all this about jetski's is new to me. I have just recently brought a Yamaha VX Cruiser 110. MY wife and I have only used it once and even though it is a fantastic ride, when we took it out of the water, we opened up the seat to flush it out with fresh water, we noticed quite a bit of water in the hull. Could someone let me know whether there should be a bilge pump or something to help get the water out.

    Any comments we would really appriciate your help.


  2. #2
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,144
    +1
    255
    I dont own a VX but i have an FX and i know that the water into my hull gets in by the ride plate bolts, the inserts in the hull are weak. People says that there will be water in our hulls, its just normal.

  3. #3
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,144
    +1
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    I dont own a VX but i have an FX and i know that the water into my hull gets in by the ride plate bolts, the inserts in the hull are weak. People says that there will be water in our hulls, its just normal.
    I do recommend you to install a Bilge Pump

  4. #4
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205
    How much water are you talking? I see a couple of cups of water in my fzr bilge after riding, and I do have the aftermarket rideplate inserts that Jerry sells. I don't really know where it comes in, but almost everyone else reports having some water in the hull after riding. It's normal. It might just be water in the hull liner or way up under the gas tank that only becomes visible after riding. If you have a lot of water in your hull, then you may have a problem. I read something about using a one way check valve on the VX on the syphon bilge that the FZ and FX models use to prevents water from coming into the engine compartment when in reverse. Its about a 15$ part.

  5. #5
    In Dogs We Trust All Others Get Searched
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    From East Texas-transplanted in Shreveport,Bossier City
    Posts
    107

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    How much water are you talking? I see a couple of cups of water in my fzr bilge after riding, and I do have the aftermarket rideplate inserts that Jerry sells. I don't really know where it comes in, but almost everyone else reports having some water in the hull after riding. It's normal. It might just be water in the hull liner or way up under the gas tank that only becomes visible after riding. If you have a lot of water in your hull, then you may have a problem. I read something about using a one way check valve on the VX on the syphon bilge that the FZ and FX models use to prevents water from coming into the engine compartment when in reverse. Its about a 15$ part.
    I think that's what it is Mike; leftover water from from under the gas tank cavity from the last "wash" that becomes visible after riding. At least that's what it is for me. Every brand / every model I have ever owned has a couple of coffee cups of water in it after a ride. I would say that if there is ever a couple of gallons of water visible after a ride, yes, there is a problem somewhere.

  7. #7
    steved's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    358
    +1
    14
    Hi
    I have a 2008 Fx Sho and after ever ride I get about 2/3 litres of water out of the back but can never find where it comes from. Get it out with the vac pump.

    Just wonder what would happen if I left the ski in the water for a weekend ?

  8. #8
    Thank you to everybody who responded to our problem. After speaking to fellow jetskiers we noticed that it is a common problem, until somebody showed us that there were two little bungs at the back of the jetski which we only had to open after our ride. Thank you again for your correspondance.

  9. #9
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by smiddy View Post
    Thank you to everybody who responded to our problem. After speaking to fellow jetskiers we noticed that it is a common problem, until somebody showed us that there were two little bungs at the back of the jetski which we only had to open after our ride. Thank you again for your correspondance.
    You are getting water all the way up the the drain plugs? If this is so, than you have a leak somewhere. I've never seen water that high unless there is a leak. Hell, even when my exhaust was pouring water in the hull I didnt even get water that high.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,847
    +1
    528
    The problem with these skis is the bilge pump runs all the time when the motor is running so the water level you see in the hull is only the water that the bilge pump can't pick up. If you have to shut the engine down due to a water leak 30 seconds after the engine is cut off the pump shuts down also. So if you ski has a hull leak from other than the cooling lines it will still be taking in water. For this reason I rewire my bilge pump to a manuel on/ off switch so I can run my pump w/o the motor running. I also ride my ski some times with the pump off just so I can see just how much water is actualy getting in my hull. My gpr is dry and never has water in the hull. However my fzr has always gotten some water it since new. I have dried the hull and tilted it up to get all the water out under the fuel tank and under the inner liner. I have searched and check and I still can not find where the water comes from. I am begining to think these skis have a sealing problem where the bottom of the hull and the top half of the deck are bonded together. I have resealed the transom/intake grate inside tie bar/ ride plate tie bars/ and mid shaft housing and every water line and clamp/drain plugs/ I have the pump sipon blocked off also and this darn thing still has water in it after a ride. Still looking for a leak. Anybody found a new place for water to get in I might of missed? Tommy Jordan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Water in the hull...where is it coming from?
    By kepneriphone in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-16-2013, 10:04 PM
  2. Water In The Hull
    By Duckmaster in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 05:25 PM
  3. Water in the hull.. how did it get there?
    By giguchan in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 12:27 AM
  4. RXP Alot of Water in the hull HELP
    By Drake in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 02:21 PM
  5. How much water in the hull is "normal"?
    By Pee2xUSee in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 07:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •