Smile Please help with my 2002 Polaris Virage TXi check engine code

Hi
    I have a 2002 Polaris Virage TXi. The engine stopped running on me the other day. It's ways fun getting towed in. Anyway a check engine warning started flashing on the screen. I tried to get the Virage back to shore after 5 min of running the Virage the engine cut off, would not restart. Found the fuel pump broken in the tank. Replace pump with a used working pump. Now I am still getting a code from the emm high voltage from fuel pump. The enigine is getting fuel now but can not clear the check engine code. The deal who checked the code for me said it could be the emm needs replaced. I cant put another 800-1000 into this thing. Any ideas what it could be will it hurt just to run it with the code on?
    Thanks

Welcome to the Hulk. In regard to the message on the screen what exactly does it say? You stated is said "high voltage from fuel pump", is this correct?

Thanks
    The digital display is showing Check Engine. The computer code is high voltage from fuel pump.

I looked through the service codes and I cant locate the one your referring to. Do you have the actual code number? Also, since the fuel pump is fixed and if the ski runs fine now you could just clear the EMM codes and see if the code returns. Check this page out for intructions on how to clear the codes. http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/ Some of the code are what you call hard codes and they will not clear on their own and you must reset the codes. If its not a hard code the EMM will automatically clear it after 15 running hours if the EMM is no longer seeing the fault.

Thread Information