Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    maxadrenaline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    Posts
    1,414
    +1
    137

    Riva Adjustable Cam Gears ? Any Experiences ?

    Anyone know anything about them or tried them ? I stopped at Riva and talked to a tech person. The simplicity of how they work has me wondering how reliable they would be on a N/A engine like my VXS. I read the potential benefits, etc...do I have to be the guinea pig ?
    Chuck


  2. #2
    Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    560
    +1
    1
    Ping hitman. He has them on his SHO and has some good writeups about them on this site.

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ight=cam+gears

    He has some great knowledge on the subject.

  3. #3
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by poof100 View Post
    Ping hitman. He has them on his SHO and has some good writeups about them on this site.

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ight=cam+gears

    He has some great knowledge on the subject.
    I think Todd actually went back to the stock setting on his R&D cam gears.

  4. #4
    maxadrenaline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    Posts
    1,414
    +1
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by poof100 View Post
    Ping hitman. He has them on his SHO and has some good writeups about them on this site.

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ight=cam+gears

    He has some great knowledge on the subject.
    Todd is an R&D man and ran those cam gears. He does have a lot of experience with the setup.

  5. #5
    Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    560
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    I think Todd actually went back to the stock setting on his R&D cam gears.
    Interesting, I wonder why? Maybe for the C3 wheel?

    Max, my bad, I didn't see you listed Riva. sorry about that.

  6. #6
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205
    Not sure if this helps anyone, but didn't R&D have an issue with their cam gears cracking from being over torqued?

  7. #7
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Not sure if this helps anyone, but didn't R&D have an issue with their cam gears cracking from being over torqued?
    That im not sure of. I was going to throw in the R&D gears. But its one of those things like props. You have to give up power somewhere. Itll make more power up high and make a bit less down low. From talking with people, just overall not worth the hassle. I decided not to buy them.

  8. #8
    maxadrenaline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    Posts
    1,414
    +1
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    That im not sure of. I was going to throw in the R&D gears. But its one of those things like props. You have to give up power somewhere. Itll make more power up high and make a bit less down low. From talking with people, just overall not worth the hassle. I decided not to buy them.
    There is always give and take when tuning a HI PO engine.
    The R&D set up was a little complex for me to deal with also considering the benefits. That is why the Riva setup has gotten my attention. Simple,,same results...just not sure about the reliability part of the equation.

  9. #9
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by maxadrenaline View Post
    There is always give and take when tuning a HI PO engine.
    The R&D set up was a little complex for me to deal with also considering the benefits. That is why the Riva setup has gotten my attention. Simple,,same results...just not sure about the reliability part of the equation.
    They werent worth the hassle to me.

    Try 'em out. Post up.

  10. #10
    abracadabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellington, FL United States of America
    Posts
    2,046
    +1
    180
    I will be doing them next. I'm getting set up with a reflash and an AFR gauge then will install the timing gears(RIVA'S) to get more air into the motor, Julio...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RIVA adjustable cam gears
    By LugNutLS1 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2014, 12:02 PM
  2. SOLD Riva Adjustable Cam Gears
    By maxadrenaline in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 10:40 AM
  3. RIVA adjustable cam gears
    By big john in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 02:20 PM
  4. R&D Adjustable Cam Gear Set - Instructions
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 06:35 AM
  5. R&D adjustable cam gears!
    By yami_rida#26 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 10:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •