Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

05 block and crank in 06 rxp

I am new to this so not exactly sure what to do. I am rebuilding a 06 RXP engine that had a rod go through the side of the block. I found a used 05 short block thinking they were the same but now I understand that the cam sensors are in a different location. I tried to start it today and kept getting P0344 - Cam phase sensor signal missing. This is where I found out the sensors are in different places. PLEASE HELP, not sure what do to next. THANK YOU

+1
    CPS= crank position sensor

The location of the flywheel locating pin changed in 06 (helps if both have #3 at tdc), u need to go back into the pto and remove the flywheel and the stamped steel triggerwheel behind it. Look at the 05 crank and where the pin is and compare it to the 06, u will need to drill a new hole in the trigger wheel to "re-clock" it and provided the sensor is good, should fire right up. If the sensor is good u should have a bad mis-fire when cranking.......

I tryed cranking on it today. It backfired really loud and then I quit. Is there any chance I could put the 05 pto cover on? Would that fix my problem without having to pull the motor again? Thank you so much, this forum really has helped alot

+1
    Changing pto will not help, it's the crank that has it out of time for u.......a simple 1/4 hole in the right place on the trigger wheel and u will be riding. Seadoo could have just changed the hole in the trigger wheel but NOOOO.....they took the "let's screw everyone with this change" approach.....

I will get a pic of a wheel I drilled to use 06 motor in 05 ski, u will be doing the opposite.

P0344 is a cam position sensor code. if you used the entire 05 short block(block and heads,cam,etc) then i can't see why you would get that code. the sensors are the same part number for both years. the cams are different. are you sure it's not the crank position sensor? did you over stretch the harness pulling the terminals out of the plug housing

I used the block and crank out of the 05. Everything else is off of the 06

And thanks, 9seczo6. Im gonna go home tonight after work and pull the motor back out and try and fix the problem

+1
    The 05 crank is the cause of your mis-fire.....pics in about 30 min....multi-tasking right now

Quote Originally Posted by ridebanshee View Post
    I used the block and crank out of the 05. Everything else is off of the 06
    in that case, the head and it's internals are different as well as the cam. but the crank to cam sensor correlation is off. do as 9secZ06 stated.

If the internals are different on the head is everything gonna be ok? I don't wanna screw anything else up. I just wanna fix this problem, just wish I would of done my research before I put it all back together. Thanks alot for your help

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information