1998 stx1100 not enough fuel flow. How much volume should there be from return line?

I pulled the return line and cranked the engine. It does spurt out in pulses but its not much. This machine has the single fuel pump and CV carbs. The fuel pump diaphragm is fine and the internal petal/reed type valves are sealing against the block. Should I point my finger at something else. The engine pulse signal is very strong from the hose.

97 Kawasaki STX 1100
    Quote Originally Posted by pjv911 View Post
    I pulled the return line and cranked the engine. It does spurt out in pulses but its not much. This machine has the single fuel pump and CV carbs. The fuel pump diaphragm is fine and the internal petal/reed type valves are sealing against the block. Should I point my finger at something else. The engine pulse signal is very strong from the hose.
    I believe in order to get a steady flow you would actually need to have the engine running.. Cranking the engine and seeing pulses I would guess is normal...

Quote Originally Posted by pjv911 View Post
    ive never known a manufactuer to spec the return flow, how would ya with varring engine loads and throttle position, post the problems.

Thread Information