Matrix Improving

Found a few improvements with fuel pressure, pop off pressure, jetting, idle speed, and timing. Been working on low end runabilty and I am ever so close to getting it perfect, and now this is happening.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010120.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	250788 http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/imag...s/icon_lol.gif

Thats a good top speed. What have you done to get those results. My Matrix has never been able to push more than 68Mph @ 7350 so would love to know what you have done.
    I've also mucked around with the jetting. Current setup on mine is Pto 150 Cen 148 Mag 150 with the high speeds (had them fitted by Wetwolf) out around one turn. This seems to give good wash and hasn't dropped the RPM's
    The biggest problem I have also is getting the low down to be smooth how are you balancing your carbs and setting idle mixtures ???

Cheers John

Heres a post of what I did to try and tune / sync mine, never got a reply though

- How do you tune tripple carbs for idle mixture/syncronaztion ? I've tuned them a couple of times but after I 've done it and used it for a couple of hours they go out of adjustment (or maybe it wasn't right to start with)

By out of adjustment I mean that it starts to idle rough and one cylinder runs colder.

The method I use to tune the carbs is - I made up a prop from a 650 with the blades cut down so the engine will hold idle on one cylinder. After warming it up on all three cylinders I ground two cylinders onto dummy plugs and adjust the idle mixture on the running cylinder to the fastest, smothest idle - repeat for other cylinders. Once I'm happy that the mixture is good I go though and ajust the idle on a PET tache to get the idle the same on each cylinder with the other two grounded out.

This seems to work ok but in no time one cylinder will run colder at idle and if I go though the whole process again I make small adjustments and it seems to be better but I think the mehtod I using is maybe a bit crude.

I thought about egts but how would you know if its mixture or carb syncronisation that is holding the cylinder cold.

Please advise if there is a better way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by just-pinch-it View Post
    found a few improvements with fuel pressure, pop off pressure, jetting, idle speed, and timing. Been working on low end runabilty and i am ever so close to getting it perfect
    very nice!!!

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    stock matrix???

Quote Originally Posted by Just-Pinch-It View Post
    Found a few improvements with fuel pressure, pop off pressure, jetting, idle speed, and timing. Been working on low end runabilty and I am ever so close to getting it perfect, and now this is happening.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010120.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	250788 http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/imag...s/icon_lol.gif
    Looking good. Wish we could have ridden a bit more at the gathering. Didn't know your boat was running mid 70s

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Nice, Those boats were running awesome at the gathering.

+1
    Nice i talked to Vern the other day and he said you guys are getting Very close to perfect

Polarisnut, we didn't know you had triple pipes until we got back that evening. I guess I need to look a little farther down on your posting.

Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    stock matrix???
    No.

Thread Information