Need some input, pretty much almost sunk my Ultra 150 ski

Was out on my Ultra 150 earlier this evening out in the ocean having a blast and I hit a wave the wrong way and dunked the whole front of the ski very deep and flipped it over. I flipped it back and there was so much water in it that it wouldn't start and it almost sunk! I managed to get a rope connected to it and we towed it back to the beach flipped it over and got all the water out and my buddy and I towed it back to the dock because it obviously wouldn't start.

It's at home now safe & sound, I took the plugs out, replaced the battery and cranked it and ALOT of water came out of the cylinders. I put sprayed some WD40 inside each of the cylinders and cranked some more for a good 5-10 minutes.

I put the plugs back in it cranks fine but it wont fire, I'm still thinking the cylinders are still wet. I'm planning on blowing some compressed air in there to dry it out and then put the plugs back in and hope it fires up. Once it fires up I'm praying it should clear out its just getting it to fire up seems to be the hard part now. THERE WAS ALOT OF WATER.

Any input is greatly appreciated. TIA

did you test for spark ? get it started and ride it quick, salt water left in it will destroy the crank and bearings.

There is spark, I was not able to start it last night (battery died) I'm going to put it on the charger and try to get it running today whatever it takes!

+1
    Yes, you MUST get it running NOW! Put a teaspoon of gas down each spark plug hole and try it again.

If you can't, keep cranking the engine with the plugs out and get out as much moisture as you can. Then fill it with oil and slowly spin the crank. You really can't get to the wrist pin bearings very well, but you can at least save the mains and crank.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Yes, you MUST get it running NOW! Put a teaspoon of gas down each spark plug hole and try it again.

If you can't, keep cranking the engine with the plugs out and get out as much moisture as you can. Then fill it with oil and slowly spin the crank. You really can't get to the wrist pin bearings very well, but you can at least save the mains and crank.
    Steve45 I got it running but under load it seems to sputter and shut off when in the water. Out of the water it runs fine (thankfully) Please read my other thread for more info. I'd really appreciate your input. I'm planning on swapping the plugs because since I got it started I haven't swapped them maybe that's the cause. To get it running I did put in new plugs but haven't checked them ever since getting it running.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-Ultra-150-ski

Check compression and change plugs. May also want to check the 2 gray boxes to be sure they dont have water in them.

Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    Check compression and change plugs. May also want to check the 2 gray boxes to be sure they dont have water in them.
    I swapped the plugs, they were SHOT I'm hoping that should take care of the stumbling under load. Water test soon. It's got compression, I'll check the boxes later. Thanks Morris!

Quick update guys, took out the ski today after replacing the fuel filter, putting in new gas, swapping the plugs and the ski runs AWESOME! Put about 1.5 hours on it WOT runs up and down the bay. Thanks for the input on certain areas. I'm glad I got it back up and running! No hiccups at all!

my mate sunk his ultra took home and left it sit $4000 dollars to rebuild everything

just a side note on the battery. everytime I work on the jetskis involving lots of cranking, I use a big car battery.

Thread Information