+1

Need MFD guru! Please

I have my 97 slx 785 I recently purchased. The mfd worked for a minute or so but flashed on and off a couple times and quit working. Fuse is good-but anouther odd thing is that sometimes the reset button on the ebox will throw and have to be reset before starting again. Ide really like to try to figure out what could be going on with the original MFD as it only has 2.5 hours on it. Any help greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by porschemaniac View Post
    I have my 97 slx 785 I recently purchased. The mfd worked for a minute or so but flashed on and off a couple times and quit working. Fuse is good-but another odd thing is that sometimes the reset button on the ebox will throw and have to be reset before starting again. Ide really like to try to figure out what could be going on with the original MFD as it only has 2.5 hours on it. Any help greatly appreciated.
    Take a good look at the that circuit breaker on the ebox. Use an ohm meter on it and make sure there's 0 resistance when the contacts are closed. Check it with the meter several times while occasionally pressing the reset button.It can cause your MFD to flash on and off and cause the engine to suddenly stop or not start. You might have a short causing the breaker to trip or it could be the internal arcing of the breaker causing it to trip. I recently had to change mine on my PRO 785 for the same symptoms you're having. It's at least worth checking it out.

+1
    Thanks. I have a relay I can swap out and I'm going to go ahead and pull ebox out and check all the connections.

Thread Information