Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doing oil changes yourself...can it void the warranty?

I came up on my 10 hour service, and did all the work myself. With the pump, oil, filter and lube it still saved me over $100 from the stealership. Anyways, obviously you have to have BUDS or can doo to reset the maintenance required light. Im on vacation and coming up on 13 hours (3 hours since oil change) and might not be able to get to a dealer to reset it for a little bit.... will they void the warranty because of this?

+1
    I wouldn't think so.. It's no big deal just annoying to see it on the guage. It's there for a reminder.. I think theres another one around 100hrs not really sure on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post
    I wouldn't think so.. It's no big deal just annoying to see it on the guage. It's there for a reminder.. I think theres another one around 100hrs not really sure on that though.
    I'm sure BUDS can see if it was never reset. This is my first brand new ski... does it go away after a while? Getting sick of the beeps.

+1
    No it doesn't go away. You need to take it to them and pay them to reset it for warranty purposes or find someone with a CanDoo and do it that way. I will dig up the warranty paperwork I have here and see what it says. The 10 hr service is usually covered. Mine was...

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    No it doesn't go away. You need to take it to them and pay them to reset it for warranty purposes or find someone with a CanDoo and do it that way. I will dig up the warranty paperwork I have here and see what it says. The 10 hr service is usually covered. Mine was...
    In my booklet it says specifically that it is at the owners expense. And it also says its "reccomended" to take it to an authorized dealer.... so im thinking it will not void the warranty

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr623 View Post
    In my booklet it says specifically that it is at the owners expense. And it also says its "reccomended" to take it to an authorized dealer.... so im thinking it will not void the warranty
    Yeah. That is what I was just about to post. My dealer did mine for free.

Yeah. That is what I was just about to post. My dealer did mine for free.
    STICK WITH THAT DEALER! Im thinking that having it reset after it has 13-14 hours when i get back in town should be OK.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr623 View Post
    STICK WITH THAT DEALER! Im thinking that having it reset after it has 13-14 hours when i get back in town should be OK.
    Yeah, I am and will. Their sales is not the best but they take care of me on parts etc... You should be good.

+1
    I paid 160 ish bucks for my 10 service on my first ski i got new....It was NOT covered by my dealer...
    Also, my maint light has been on my Riva ECU for the last 70 hours of it's 170...lol...
    It won't hurt anything...But, It will also stay on untill reset via buds...

Yeah, I am and will. Their sales is not the best but they take care of me on parts etc... You should be good.
    Just found my answer ALL THE WAY in the back of the booklet.

"As the owner, you are responsible for the performance of the required maintenance. BRP reccomends you retain all your receipts covering maintenance of your personal watercraft engine, but BRP cannot deny warranty solely on lack of receipts or failure to ensure performance of all scheduled maintenance"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information