Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

x charger questions

hey guys got my new x charger and was wondering a few things before i put it on. is there anything i should be doing to this to make it more reliable? i have read soemthing about a tripple bearing mod. is it worth it on a stock charger. my next question is who does the mod and finally how can you tell the difference between the x and non x chargers?

+1
    Viton seal wouldn't be a bad idea

+1
    On a stock X supercharger they are very reliable right out of the box. Don't waste your time or money with a triple bearing mod. If you ever upgrade to a Riva XX or Mini Rude then also install a viton seal and mcmaster spring washers at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    On a stock X supercharger they are very reliable right out of the box. Don't waste your time or money with a triple bearing mod. If you ever upgrade to a Riva XX or Mini Rude then also install a viton seal and mcmaster spring washers at the same time.
    so you wouldnt suggest doing the viton seal yet? and after how many hours should i pull the charger and check the slip? also is the only way of telling the difference between a non x and x by measuring the size of the wheel?

+1
    My new x charger slip was a little low right out of the box (136 in /lbs) so check the slip before you put it in. I took mine back out after two or three hours of flogging and the slip was down to 92in/lbs. Two shims would only bring it back up to 137 in/lbs so I put a whole set of Mcmaster spring washer in and the slip was 152 in/lbs.

i put the charger on but havent got to test it yet. i am going to run it for 5-10 hrs then check the slip.

+1
    might be a good idea to do the 08+ oiling system mod to the pto cover heres a good link
    on page 5 post 42 BigdaddyRXP makes a very good post explaining
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ystem-retrofit.

+1
    At the risk of sounding like a goose, the X Charger from the Green Hulk store just goes straight onto an RXP 215? Do I need the Viton seal also? With out looking at all the threads how long would it take to change over the charger?

Thanks guys.

+1

BEARINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Jerry,
    what is your opinion on using bearings other than OEM on big Chargers?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXP View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a goose, the X Charger from the Green Hulk store just goes straight onto an RXP 215? Do I need the Viton seal also? With out looking at all the threads how long would it take to change over the charger?

Thanks guys.
    yup bolts right up. i just did the x and injectors last night. took me an hour to do. thats removing factory charger bolting new one up and removing and replacing injectors. does not take very long to do.

once i get some hrs on i will change to a viton seal when it comes back off. how bad do you guys think it will be to hit the rev limiter a couple times.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information