Please help seadoo gtx issue

Hi, just got a GTX DI 951cc 2001, upon starting it fires up but instantly stops. Tried a compression test but wont give a reading of more than 20psi!!!! I noticed the tops of pistons are full of fuel so when i crank with plugs out fuel vapour is coming out. Seems like its flooding. Sounds ok initiallally then just cuts out?

no warning lights nothing just fires up and stops, any ideas its doing my head in

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    there was some mention in troubleshooting about this issue..perhaps the "engine run" line is grounded ( it's gray I think) check out a di troubleshooting doc and look for "starts then stalls" If you plan on keeping this ski the best tool investment you can make is a candoo analyzer. Otherwise on a DI you can make a series of expensive guesses to figure out what is _really_ wrong.

"Tried a compression test but wont give a reading of more than 20psi!!!!"

Is that a typo? Your missing a 1 in front of that 20 there, if not there's your problem!

In the manual it suggests pulling plugs and grounding wires to the grounding posts. Plug in the key, wait 2 seconds, depress throttle and crank for 10 sec. You need to blow out all of that crude out without adding more fuel to the mix. It seems counter intuitive, but the manual states that if you do it in this order it won't flood the cylinders.

I suppose a lot of any liquid could effect your compression reading but idk....hopefully that is indeed a typo cause it's about 100psi off.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    an engine with 20 psi compression won't even cough if you pour nitro down there. methinks more a POS hold it in place pressure gauge then a typ..but we'll see what the next installment brings to the bench.

Thread Information