What can cause no spark?

My sparkplugs wont spark. Only very seldomly!!!!!

I just bought a used cdi, worked fine for 2 month, I hope it aint that one.

Can it be a broken exiter? It see the spark sometimes.

How can I figure out where the problem is? I measured resistance through the exiter at 320 ohm

How old are your plugs? Check the CDI box maybe wet?

+1
    Go through the electrical system thoroughly. Separate all connector plugs and inspect with a lighted magnifier. Look for corrosion or dirt. Look at the wiring harness and make sure it's not rubbing (melted) by the exhaust pipe. Open the CDI box and look for moisture, corrosion, loose connections, etc.

I've found a lot of corroded connections on Kawis. Their seals don't seal very well.

but an oem manual, follow directions, and fix.

hi I did buy a manual, it didnt help me! I cant find any lose connections at all or any corrosion since I also did all electrics last year.
    I also did measure the correct resistance through the exiter coil.
    I am lost and can only blame the CDI. But I burned off 3 CDI then in 1 year, how is that possible?

+1
    You burned up 3 ignitor boxes in one year?!?!?! Something's wrong. Have you inspected the spark plug wires? Unscrew the spark plug boots and try pulling out the wires with some needle nose pliers. The wires vibrate a lot and will often break internally, creating a bad connection. If you can pull wire strands out, you need to cut the wires back half an inch or so and re-install the boot. If the wire is still bad, you'll have to replace it.

You're not cranking it without having the spark plug wires connected to something, are you? For instance, you're not doing a compression test without having the spark plug wires hooked to the grounding bar, are you? That can cause damage to the ignitor box.

I am sure

that I have cranked it several times without the spark plugs, so that can be my mistake but but but.

This morning I tried to test with 1 pair of plugs, I could see the spark when they where lying on the head. Seems to work perfect.

The I put completely new sparkplugs in the top and try and start it. It does seem to almost start, but it just wont start, it does ignite sometimes, I can hear that.

Then I pull plugs out and try again with the first pair of spark plugs lying on the head, now there is no sparks anymore.

So it seems something is getting heated? Or what can it be? Exiter coil or ignition CDI? I am so very confused.

i had same promblem

i changed cdi at shop checked electrical now running good luck

Thread Information