+1

? about installing a used Riva ECU

I bought a used Riva ECU for my 05 RXP and I am just wrapping up this project. There were no lanyards included with the Riva ECU and I sold the stock ECU and lanyards. I bought 2 new lanyards from the online store and know I need to go to the stealership and have them do some work with the BUDS to get this thing finished. I don't have the best confidence in these guys so I was hoping you all could walk me through what they are going to need to do.

Is it just a swap ECU function and program key function or is there more to it than that? I understand that with a brand new Riva ECU you need to call Riva with a VIN for an activation code. Do I need to have an of this info?

Thanks in advance!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HardmanGT View Post
    I bought a used Riva ECU for my 05 RXP and I am just wrapping up this project. There were no lanyards included with the Riva ECU and I sold the stock ECU and lanyards. I bought 2 new lanyards from the online store and know I need to go to the stealership and have them do some work with the BUDS to get this thing finished. I don't have the best confidence in these guys so I was hoping you all could walk me through what they are going to need to do.

Is it just a swap ECU function and program key function or is there more to it than that? I understand that with a brand new Riva ECU you need to call Riva with a VIN for an activation code. Do I need to have an of this info?

Thanks in advance!
    Hit up JoeStang of CT Watercraft and have him do it for ya on his Candoo system?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Hit up JoeStang of CT Watercraft and have him do it for ya on his Candoo system?
    Joe's my buddy and is out of town this weekend. He went to go pick up a new toy

+1
    Ill be home @ 4:00 I might be able to help.. Might go riding twr and we most likely will not have power on sunday.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Ill be home @ 4:00 I might be able to help.. Might go riding twr and we most likely will not have power on sunday.
    I'll PM you if I am able to take you up on your offer. The truck went to the dealership and they tell me it won't be back til Monday at the earliest. Just ordered up a hitch for the fiance's ride so we have another tow rig in the future.

+1
    My riva and my rotax ecu worked with any lanyard, never a problem going from ski to ski, but the riva did stay w/ orig. mpem and cluster it was activated for. Again, anyone could have jumped on my ski with their own lanyard and rode off

Maybe there is a place in BUDS to de-activate DESS......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    My riva and my rotax ecu worked with any lanyard, never a problem going from ski to ski, but the riva did stay w/ orig. mpem and cluster it was activated for. Again, anyone could have jumped on my ski with their own lanyard and rode off

Maybe there is a place in BUDS to de-activate DESS......
    It gives me one long beep followed by standard 4 short beeps at 3 second intervals. I'm assuming that it's the lanyard needing to be programed at minimum.

Thread Information